The Sky Has It's Limits

Comenzar desde el principio

"So, what are we going to do?" Adam asked.

"We, are going to travel to New Zeland and help them."

A groan chorused around us.

"Why?"

"You didn't let me finish. I didn't say exactly who's going."

"Then who's going?" Logan asked.

"Me, you Logan-" Logan mumbled incoherently under his breath. "-Warren, Kitty, Bobby, Lacey and Adam."

I raised my eyebrows. "Why aren't I going Ororo?"

"I need someone to stay and watch over the students. And keep a watchful eye in the city. OK?"

"But Ororo-"

"Sorry Dani."

Warren gave me an apologetic look.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked as everyone started to get up off the table.

"I'd say around a week and a half. You can handle it that long right?"

I pursed my lips unsure. "Um...yeah. I-I guess."

Everyone left the room except Warren and Kitty.

"I'm sorry you can't go. I don't know why she's not telling anyone of us." Kitty said, trying to ease my discomfort.

I started walking away. "No, it's OK, I'll be fine. I mean, it's only for a week and a half right?"

Warren and Kitty nodded.

"Plus, you'll have all the students with you. That won't be too bad right?"

"Yeah....right." I agreed.

We rounded the corner to the elevator and loaded it. Once we were to the base floor, Kitty squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"I wonder what New Zeland's going to be like. I've never been!"

"Sounds fun. Get me a souvenir OK?"

"Gotcha." Kitty said.

Kitty rounded the corner to go up the stairs to the girl's dorms. I waved to her and turned to Warren.

He was staring at the floor and shifting his feet slightly.

"What?" He asked.

"You don't think I can handle it can you?"

He frowned. "It's not that...it's just..." His facial expression changed drastically. "It's just....I'll be gone....and you'll be here.....alone."

"Warren I'll be fine. It's not like some crazy person is going to try and come in-"

"It's not that Dani. I don't want to be away from you. It seems like a week and a half will be torture."

I sighed and hugged him. "It's only for a little while. Trust me, you won't be missing much."

"You are so clueless sometimes." He shook his head. I pulled away and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean I'm clueless? I'm pretty smart if you ask me." I said.

He cracked a smile and started laughing.

"What? What did I do?" I asked between his guffaws.

"It's just....Oh Daniella, I love you." He wrapped me in another hug as he was still laughing slightly.

"I...love you to." I said. He started chuckling again. "Warren Worthington what is so funny?" I asked as I pulled away and he started laughing again.