Chapter 13

The rest of the night beckett stayed in the hospital bed next to castle to make sure he was safe but she had to eventually go to sleep. She got up to leave when she heard castle whisper lightly to stay there with him in the bed. She tried to argue but when he started to get up she didnt want him to be hurt so she gave in. He's only been in the hospital for a week. It would have been less but the doctors have stumbled across something they don't know what to think of yet and they haven't told castle yet because that didnt want to worry him. Atleast not just yet.

Castles POV

-I am on the ground and hovering over me is josh. Again? how could this be possible I was in the hospital. He was repeating the words I dreaded most "I warned you" and then the shot rang out and I couldn't stop screaming the pain was escrutiating and I was there alone. I started to cry. How could I be so stupid to ruin my life and get my daughter into danger. I love her so much or loved her I look to my left and everything starts to go blurry.

Beckett's POV

- I was awoken by rolling and falling off the bed or was I pushed?? I opened my eyes. We were in the hospital room but all I heard was castle screaming and crying. I turn around and find him fidgeting in the hospital bed about to fall off. At first I didn't want to startle him but it needed to stop he was in so much pain and I could tell. I sat at the bottom of the bed and shook him but when that wasn't working he started to cry and I didn't know what was happening. He started to sweat and I knew he was having nightmares because this was how I got when I slept after I was shot. There was only one thing I could think of to get him up. I walked to the top of the bed and sat on the side. I leaned in and slowly kissed him and waited for him to reply. He kissed me back but only for a split second because in the next he was shooting up in his bed screaming sweating and panting like he had just ran a marathon. I tried to hug him but he flung me back like everything around him and close to him was dangerous. He even got up and ran out of the room scared half to death. He tried to run out of the hospital but luckily 5 security guards and of course me were able to stop him. They finally got him back to his room but I could still tell there was something on his mind. I tried to ask him about it but he would just push me away. I guess this is the way he felt when I was the same way but he put up with it I however couldn't.
K- hey what's wrong you can talk to
R- I don't want to talk about it it's to painful to go through
K- you need to talk it really does help
R- I just need time can I have that?
K- whatever but I won't be here 24/7 waiting for you to be ready to talk so call me when your ready. __________________________________
With this she walked out in hope of him calling for her to walk back in but he never did. She would've walked back in herself but she didn't want to look the fool so she made her way home to bed because since the situation iron gates has let her have the day off under these circumstances. Back at the hospital castle still had the fear of going back to sleep even though he much needed it. He didn't want to risk having another nightmare but this time with no one to help him. He realized he now needed to talk to Kate and he was ready now. He tried to call but every time it went to voicemail. He got worried but not too worried because she had probably fallen asleep after what had happened. He still couldn't fall asleep though. It was too scary. He would do anything other than sleep. He tried to call one last time but no answer so he left a voicemail. " hey it's me I'm ready to talk and can you please come here I really need help, your help, I'm scared and I'm too afraid to even move. I need to talk to someone and I want that someone to be you so can you please come before I have a breakdown? sorry if your sleeping bye" another hour went passed and still no reply so he got up and decided to take a walk through the hospital maybe going outside.
3 hours later.....
Castle heard tens of feet and opened his eyes to find himself outside asleep on the hospital bench. I guess he must of fallen asleep on his walk not even noticing it and guess what no nightmares. He looked for the familiar face in the crowd a dawn of hope on his face but was disappointed to find only familiar nurses and doctors and no Kate. "Take me back inside" he said kind of depressed while sarcastically holding out his arms and standing up to be guided back into the large building by the people.

Beckett's POV

- I opened my eyes to the sound of the all too familiar alarm on my phone. I guess I forget to turn it off last night when I was told I had no work. Oops. I rubbed my eyes and turned the alarm off. I slowly edged my way out of bed to step onto the cold floor with my bare feet. But this routine was all too familiar to reckognize. I walked across the creaky floor and reached the bathroom to splash water in my face and do my business. I walked out and headed for the kitchen to make up a much needed breakfast. I was making pancakes which I never do. I guess it reminded me of the case with Jordan shaw because next I made coffee and grabbed the newspaper from outside of the door half expecting to find a body propped up against the door set to fall when opened. I finished up my breakfast and reading the newspaper when my alarm went off again. I just turned it off though I thought as I headed into the bedroom to shut it off and realized I had actually hit the snooze button. As I was turning it off I saw 10 missed calls and 1 voicemail from castle. Oh crap I totally forgot about him how did I skip over these messages. I hit play and the voicemail began " hey it's me I'm ready to talk and can you please come here I really need help, your help, I'm scared and I'm too afraid to even move. I need to talk to someone and I want that someone to be you so can you please come before I have a breakdown? sorry if your sleeping bye" omg he is going to kill me, wait is he ok? a lot of scenarios were running through my head. I tried calling back and got worried so I got dressed and hopped in a cab to head over to the hospital not wanting to drive today.