Chapter 2

(A/N: in this story Beckett and Demming are still together)

Castle's POV

- All I could this was how could she do this to me? how could she lie and lie and lie again? I need to get out of here so I was walking out and realized I don't want to be in this "partnership" or whatever she called it anymore so I had to let her know.

I waited 5 minutes and she still wasn't out so I decided to write a note instead and placed it by the now cooling coffee I had placed on her desk.

I didnt want her to see my so I almost raced out when Esposito stopped me and asked where I was going. I could tell him the truth because that would lead to a whole lot of questions so I just said " there's somewhere I need to be." He didnt push so I took the chance and walked to the elevator, hitting the lobby floor button.

The elevator came to a stop and I stepped out right as the elevator doors were closing because I realized that this would be my last time on this elevator. My last time on this floor. And my last time in this building because it would avoid it at all costs.

I couldn't stand there long because people started to stare so I headed for my car for a drive home, but instead decided to take a walk to clear my head more. plus it probably wasn't safe to drive now with everything going on.

Beckett's POV

-Omg why won't he just admit to setting the bomb instead of making some lame excuse as to why he didn't tell the truth.

Ryan and Esposito knocked on the door so I walked out. They were telling me what they found when I noticed the coffee cup on my desk. The same cup castle gets me coffee in, but where was I looked around couldn't find him so I asked the boys, "was castle here?'
Esposito answered quickly and said," ya, but he said there was someplace he needed to be."

I thought that was odd and was going to ask more when I saw the note. I didnt want to read by them so I told them to keep digging and when they were out of site I say down in my chair looked at castles chair and then read the note.

( Dear Kate,
I was in the room when I heard u say u remember everything that happened when you were shot. I now know that you were embarrassed and don't feel the same way. I just am angry because you lied to me you looked me in the eyes and you lied to me. I don't want to bother, embarrass you, or mess up your life with Demming so I'm writing this note now to tell you that I'm done following you around and I am done with this "partnership" or what ever you would call it because I can't live on like this I need to move on. I am going to the hamptons Esposito and Ryan already know so ask them any question you want. Hope your happy with your life I just need to move on so goodbye Kate.
From, castle)

I guess halfway through through the note I guess I started to show my emotions because when I finished reading I realized that Ryan and Esposito were behind me reading the note I still had up in my hands. They kept trying to cheer me up but I couldn't hear them. I was lost In my own thought. How could he say that? I guess I deserved it though. I need to talk to him. I needed to talk to I got up without saying anything grabbed my coat and headed to the morgue. I needed to talk to Lanie. But before I left I ran back and grabbed the note and when I grabbed it Esposito and Ryan were gone. I guess they didnt want me to yell at them even though I should've.

All this time they knew he was going to the hamptons and it never occurred to them to tell me. They deserve what's coming there way but I didnt have time for that know all I needed to do was get down to lanie so that I can tell what's going on.

But this would have to wait because when I was heading for the elevator the doors opened an out walked Tom Demming.