Chapter 25

I woke up in Skeleton's bed. Shut up, no I didn't have sex with him, get your mind out of the gutter.

Skeleton offered for me to sleep in his bed while he took the couch, and after arguing for 15 minutes straight, I finally gave in and let him have his way.

Standing up and stretching, I see that Skeleton had already awoken, and was fiddling around with the radio antenna, which sat beside the plush sofa.

Releasing an unattractive yawn, I sleepily stumble over to the couch next to him. "Whatcha doing?" I mumble, running my fingers through my bleach-white hair and sitting criss-cross applesauce on the couch, my hands holding my head.

"Trying to get this radio antenna to work so I can hear Dr. D's daily news." Skeleton replies blankly, his eyes focused intently on his hands.

"Will it work all the way down here?" I ask.

"These radios are high-quality and can detect signals from up to one hundred miles away." He throws his hands into his lap with an exasperated sigh. "This darn thing must be too freaking old."

While Skeleton sat, a frustrated expression spread across his face, I pick up the radio and set it in my lap, examining the antennas and wires.

"Good luck trying to fix it, princess." Skeleton mutters. "I was trained to defuse a bomb, so if I can't fix that blasted radio, no one can."

Ignoring his rambling, I flip the radio upside down, revealing the problem immediately; an empty battery cartridge. "Aha!" I exclaim suddenly, causing Skeleton to flinch.

"In the name of Destroya, what?" Skeleton grunts, allowing his heart rate to slow down to its normal pace.

"It's not broken," I explain, pointing to the empty cartridge. "It just needs new batteries."

Skeleton raises an eyebrow, as if telling me he couldn't believe he was wrong about something for once.  "Well, where do you suppose we get a battery, sweetheart?" He defends himself with a scoff.

Rolling my eyes, I reply. "Um, Battery City, duh."

Skeleton stands up, zipping up his spike-studded leather jacket and grabbing his ray gun, decorated with skulls. "Challenge accepted."

Confused, I stare at him blankly. "What?"

Skeleton smirks at me. "We're going to Battery City."

My eyes widen as I stand up, throwing my arms in the air. "Skelton, you can't be serious. We'll be captured by Dracs if we get caught! At you out of your mind?"

Skeleton chuckles and approaches me, patting my shoulder in reassurance. "Fox, my dear, are you forgetting that you're with the best spy ever in the history of Killjoys?" He smiles arrogantly.

I scoff. "You're not the best ever."

"Okay fine, I'm one of the best. Now come on, grab your gun, get your ass of the couch and let's get some batteries!" Skeleton jumps, winking at me.

I stand up, getting my gun and raising it in the air as I follow him out the door.

A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter is so short it's just a filler chapter

The next chapter will be cool, promise
:3

Thanks for reading!
~Alex