Chapter 20

(Gerard's POV)

I wake up with a feeling of pride and joy. Today was the day that all the Killjoys in training would finally earn their names and become true Killjoys.

But when I reach my arms out in a stretch, a pang of loneliness hits me. Jenna was not beside me, like she had been most nights.

I don't know what it is about her; she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.   I can't wait to make her one of us, then I can finally ask her out.

I would have done it sooner, but I want to make sure she is happy and wants to stay with us. She seems very happy and has made a new friends here.

Standing up from the bed, I slide my navy blue jacket on with my skinny jeans and boots, gliding down the hall and up the stairs.

Loud voices fill the upstairs area, telling me that I must have been the last person to wake up. Brushing off the embarrassment, I clap my hands and stand in the center of the room to get everyone's attention.

All eyes soon turn to me eagerly, and I finally speak. "I have exciting news for all! Jenna, Tommy, Flame Seeker, Blue Storm, and Wild Mustang will all become full Killjoys today."

The room cheers and some throw their gloves in the air with joy.

"Jenna, please step forward." I command, waiting for the white-haired beauty to come out of the crowd.

To my surprise, she is nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, the front door bursts open, revealing Jenna, panting and out of breath.

(Jenna's POV)

Skeleton and I pelt through the sand, eyes on our destination which rested only yards away.

Once we reach the outside of The Nest, I bend over to catch my breath.

"Skeleton, you wait out here until I call you in, okay?" I instruct Skeleton. He nods and gives me a thumbs up before I open the door in one swift motion.

I see Gerard standing in the middle of the room with Tommy, Blue Storm, Wild Mustang, and Flame Seeker in front of him and the rest of the Killjoys around him. My eyes are filled with venom when my gaze lands on Flame.

That traitor. Among the Killjoys trying to gain information from us to use against us. This must be stopped.

"Jenna, there you are!" Gerard's relieved voice called from the middle of the room. "The Killjoy naming ceremony has just started; I've already named Blue Storm, Flame Seeker, and Wild Mustang. It's you and Tommy's turn."

Swallowing back my accusations against Flame for now, I just nod and step forward, secretly excited to finally become an official Killjoy.

"Tommy, do you swear upon all that is good that you will always remain loyal to the Killjoys under the penalty that if you disobey, the punishment is death?" Gerard asks Tommy, holding both of his hands and kneeling in front of him.

Tommy nods, shaking with excitement.

"I name you Shadow Flash." Gerard announces, handing him a decked out black gun and a personalized jacket.

Shadow's eyes shine with pride. He takes them from Gerard. "Thank you."

Gerard slowly turns to me next. "Last, but certainly not least, Jenna." He holds out his hand.

Taking my shaking hands in his strong ones, he repeats the vows.

"I do." I whisper, lost in his hazel pools of sunshine.

"I name you White Fox." Gerard smiles, giving me a white gun with stickers all over it, along with a colorful jacket.

After I take it from him, he kisses my check and takes my hands again. "White Fox, ever since we first found you at that gas station, there was something about you that interested me. You weren't afraid, like most rogues we find. I wanted to get to know you, and after spending these few weeks knowing you, I realize that I don't know what I would do without you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Tears stream down my face and I wrap my arms around Gerard's neck and kiss his lips, earning a cheer from all the Killjoys. "Of course I will, Gerard!"