Chapter 14

Sweat drips down from my forehead as I spring up, hitting my head on the top bunk. I hiss back a shout of pain as I lay back down, letting my heart rate become steady again.

Was that just a dream? It felt so real...

I flinch when suddenly the door flies open. My gaze turns to the door to find a worried-looking Flame running in.

"Jen! Are you okay? I heard a loud bang coming from in here?" He asks, crouching at my bedside.

"I'm fine," I reply, rubbing my forehead with my hand. "Just a bad dream."

Flame sits at the foot of my bed. "Do you wanna tell me about it? Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I'd rather not," I mutter. "I think I'm just gonna head upstairs."

Flame flies up from my head before my feet even touch the floor. "Is your leg okay? Do you want me to carry you?"

I chuckle at his frazzled expression. He was always so helpful, besides Gerard. "I can walk, Flame, but thank you though!"

Flame sighs heavily and nods. "Whatever you say, Jenna."

I make my way up the stairs, finding Blue Storm and Wild Mustang talking to each other on one of the couches. I decide to talk to them, since I don't really know them that well. I might make new friends.

"Hello!" I greet in a friendly tone, sitting next to Mustang.

The two spies look at me and wave. "Hi! Jenna, right?" Blue asks.

I nod. "Yep, and you're Blue," I point to him, "and you're Mustang." I then point to the one I was sitting next to.

Mustang nods. "That's right! When are you gonna start training again?" He asks suddenly.

I shrug. "Soon, I hope. I can't wait to receive my Killjoy name." Excitement pulses through me as I imagine what my Killjoy name would be.

Blue and Mustang nod their heads and exchange a thoughtful stare at each other.  "Remember our naming ceremony?" Mustang chuckles and nudges Blue's shoulder.

Blue sighs wistfully, looking into the distance as if he could see his memories. "I do; best day of my life."

"How long have the four of you known each other?" I blurt out suddenly, obviously referring to Skeleton as well.

Mustang hesitates before replying. "Well, it all started when we were young teenagers...

{FLASHBACK}

The sky was painted a beautiful orange-red as the sun rose high above the city skyscrapers.  The bustling noise of Battery City echoed throughout the alleyways, shiny and clean as always. There was never one speck of trash to be seen on the city streets, because the cleaning robots that patrolled the city 24/7 always kept it clean.

Out from one of the alleys darted a young boy, who looked about 13 years old.  He carried a small backpack on his shoulders, wore a black t-shirt with shorts, and some tennis shoes. He was in a hurry, and was avoiding being seen.

Catching his breath, the boy hid behind one of the synthetic walls, scanning the surrounding area.  Once the coast was clear, the boy ducked inside of a small hole underneath one of the buildings.  After he was inside, he slid a dumpster over the hole.

The hole was dark and damp and smelled of dust and dirt, a scent that wasn't unpleasant; it was a nice change from the metallic tang of Battery City.

The boy flickered on his flashlight, sweeping his auburn-brown hair from his face, and shone the light around the small cave.

The light suddenly caught a human figure curled up in the corner of the hideaway.

Confused and curious, the boy scooted closer to the curled up person to find out that it was a boy about his age.

"Hello?" The boy spoke, prodding the child with his arm, causing the curled up figure to flinch and whimper in fear.

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you," the boy smiled, shining the flashlight towards his face.

The curled up boy poked his head up slightly to catch a glimpse of the boy. He managed to sit up and hugged his knees to his chest.

The boy was surprisingly clean, but his face was marked up with bruises and cuts. He wore nice clothes, proving that he was a resident of Battery City.

"I'm Alex," the boy with the flashlight held out his rough, dirty hand for the nicely-dressed boy to shake.

He reached out with a soft hand and smiled slightly. "I-I'm Jackson Morrison."

The last name of the boy struck fear into Alex's chest. He must be related to Korse Morrison, the President of Battery City.

But instead of chasing Jackson off, Alex decided to interrogate the boy, considering the fact that he didn't look like a threat and couldn't do anything to stop him.

"Morrison?" Alex narrowed his eyes and got close to Jackson's face. "Are you kin to Korse Morrison?"

Jackson swallowed nervously, playing with the tie that hung around his neck, letting a tear slide down his purple-shaded cheek. "Y-yes, I'm his nephew. But trust me, I'm not on his side!"

Alex raised an eyebrow, keen on finding more information about this kid, and why he was hiding in his secret hideout. "Go on," he prompted, setting the flashlight in the middle of the floor.

"Well, I-er-was on his side, but he wanted me to kill two of my friends for being out past curfew and attempting to sneak over the fence. I wouldn't do it, and I was beaten by the Draculoids. While they weren't looking, I snuck out along with my friends.

"We all split up so we could move faster and with more stealth; I found this hole, and I don't know where Rian and Zackary went." Jackson finished, attempting to fix his frizzled dark brown hair, which used to be slicked back neatly.

Alex suddenly got a feeling, like he should help this boy find his friends, and maybe even escape together. After all, since he was Korse Morrison's nephew, he would know all the corners of Battery City and possibly the security codes.

"I'll help you find your friends," Alex stated, crossing his legs. "If you help us escape Battery City. I've heard stories of groups of rebels who live beyond the city, we can go there. Please, join me in escaping this wretched city."

Jackson hesitated, processing the thoughts in his head. After a brief pause, he nodded his head a bit skeptically. "I'm in. Let's find my friends and get the hell outta here."

A/N: Aye!

Sorry, I accidentally published this chapter too soon earlier today and it wasn't finished. Stupid me -_-

Anyway, the next few chapters will be of Mustang and Blue telling the history of how Skeleton had rescued Flame and  them :3

Also, I just bought Blurryface and Target and it kicks booty :3 I LUV IT

Stay beautiful, lovelies <3
~Alex