Chapter 17

(Unknown POV)

There she is.

She will soon be mine

And then I will gain power.

"Hey, servant, get your head out of the clouds and get over here!" I hear the angry voice of Mr. Urie.

Mr. Urie was second-in-command to my boss, and he acted like he owned the whole industry. I roll my eyes and glance at him.

"Yes, your highness?" I mutter sarcastically.

"Don't get smart with me, kid. Remember, your boss gave me permission to execute you if you don't obey." Mr. Urie hisses, straightening his tie. He clears his throat and brushes a comb through his slicked-back dark brown hair.

"Mr. Morrison wants to know why you don't have Jenna yet." Mr. Urie says seriously.

I ball my hands into fist and clench my jaw. Mr. Morrison was so impatient. Can't he cut me some slack?

He is my uncle, after all.

"Tell him he needs to be patient and give me time to get her alone! She's being trained by Skeleton to become a spy, so she's been sleeping during the day! She pretended to break her leg so she could meet with him secretly." I urge, pacing back and forth around the room.

Mr. Urie raises his bushy eyebrows and sighs in defeat. "You're really pushing the envelope, Jack."

(Jenna's POV)

The moon was rising and everyone had just finished listening to Dr. D's daily report on the news. Of course, the news that Flame, Skeleton, Blue, and Mustang returning was the hot topic.

By now, everyone was settling down into their bedrooms after a long day's worth of training. Tommy had been begging me if he could have a sleepover in Grace's bedroom with Ghoul and Confetti.

I let him go; besides, I think Grace might be taking a liking to him, and I thought it was adorable.

On the other hand, Red had been getting to know Mustang, and they're kind of an item. I do admit, they look adorable together.

I wish there were someone here who had feelings for me; I know Gerard kissed me, but still, it may have been an accident-

"Hey, Jenna." I hear a familiar voice, cutting off my thoughts. I turn around and see Flame with a warm smile on his face.

"Hey, Flame!" We hug each other.

Flame then looks at me seriously. "Hey Jenna, I need to uh show you something."

I don't know why, but somewhere in the back of my mind was telling me not to go. I do trust Flame, but there was something about his tone of voice that was off-putting.

I fake a yawn. "I'm sorry, I would love to Flame, but I'm exhausted and I really should get to bed."

Flame's eyes flash with a flicker of annoyance, but he replies calmly. "It's alright. Maybe another time?"

"Definitely." I say, watching him disappear into his bedroom.

As I open the door to my bedroom, someone whispers in my ear.

I look and see Gerard standing behind me. His hands are shoved in his pockets and a shy smile is planted in his face. "Hey Jenna, um, so no one else is in your bedroom, huh?"

I nod. "Yeah, they all ditched me for their boyfriends." I joke.

"Well, uhhh, do you maybe wanna come sleep in my room?" Gerard blushes, looking at the concrete floor. "I have an extra bed, and, yeah....."

I smile at his shyness. Am I seriously making Party Poison, the most famous Killjoy leader, blush? "Sure, Gee, I'd love to."

Gerard breathes a sigh of relief when I say yes, and takes my hand, sending shockwaves up my arm and giving me butterflies in my stomach.

Gerard and I step down the corridor until he comes to an abrupt halt at a door. Pulling keys out of his pocket, he unlocks the door.

Two queen-sized beds lay next to each other along the wall, which was covered with so many posters and comic books you couldn't even tell what color the paint was (my walls tbh).

"Wow..." My eyes scan the room, landing on a full wall of paintings and drawings, all with the same signature. "Did you make these?" I ask, completely flabbergasted.

Gerard turns to face me. "Yeah, do you like them?" He asks self-consciously.

"Gee, they're amazing. I didn't know you were such an amazing artist." I continue, not taking my eyes off of the beautiful masterpieces.

"Yeah, I don't really remember when I started art, it just kinda came to me." Gerard's voice was muffled by something.

As I go towards my bed, my jaw drops at the sight that lay before me; Gerard was shirtless.

The muscles in his back flexed as he stretched, and I force my mouth to close.

"Enjoying the view?" Gerard smirks, turning around to reveal his toned stomach.

I pull the covers over my head to try to cover up my rose-red cheeks. The blanket is immediately ripped from me by Gerard.

He places a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, Jenna." He whispers before crawling into his own bed.

I close my eyes with a smile on my face. "Goodnight, Gerard."

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short. The next chapter will get spicy :3   

Stay beautiful!

~Alex