Waking Up

Felix P.O.V.

I woke up, my eyes opening to see my dark tent. I lay on my bed, flat on my back and my head was throbbing. The past events from before I had passed out came back to me in a rush.

I raised a hand to my forehead, remembering that I had a cut there and touched it carefully. It stung, like any wound normally would, but it felt like it was no longer an open wound. Someone must have taken care of it while I was passed out.

How long was I passed out then? The wound felt like it had a good covering over it and that would have taken a couple of days.

My thoughts shifted to Layla and my worry came along with it. When she passed out I was really scared about her. She had killed her mom and I wondered how much of a toll that had taken on her, killing was never easy. Was she awake? Was she okay?

I sat and swung my legs over the side of the bed, but I did it to quick, my head sent out a shock of pain causing me to shut my eyes and wait until the pain went away.

When my head felt better I got up, slower this time and picked up my cloak that had been thrown on the ground next to my bed. Putting it over my shoulders I walked out of my tent and I found all of the boys sitting around the fire eating. They were talking, but when they saw me, everything became silent. Something was up, the boys may listen to anything I say, but they don't suddenly become silent every time I come around.

Devin got up and walked over to me. When he stood in front of me his mouth opened as if he was about to say something, but I cut him off, "What's going on?"

"Um, well," he started nervously and then paused for a moment. With a sigh he continued, "Layla's sick."

My eyes widened, "What do you mean she's sick?"

"We don't know exactly what's wrong with her. She's constantly turning and twisting around in her sleep and she has a really high fever."

"Where is she? The fairies treehouse?"

Devin shook his head, "No, I thought you'd want to see her as soon as she got up and I knew it'd be easier if she was here. I put her in my tent, so you could also have your space to recover."

I nodded, "Thanks."

When he acknowledged with a nod of his own and then turned to walk away, I went in the direction of his tent. I walked as quickly as my banging headache would let me and went in as soon as I got to it. Devin's tent and all the other lost boys tents were slightly smaller than mine, but every bed was the same. Big enough for two people.

Layla lay on his bed, curled up about as small as I think she could be and a blanket lay in a heap on the floor. I slowly walked up to her and went on my knees beside her bed. Looking at her face, I saw how pale she was. I placed a hand to her forehead, she did have a really high fever.

She squirmed a little and moved her face so her cheek pressed against my hand.

Then one of her hands slowing moved upwards and she put her hand over mine.

"Felix," she whispered in a barely audible voice. I was shocked, how did she know it was me? Was she waking up?

"It's me," I responded and her hand tightened as her breathing began to relax to slower breaths. She extended her legs out and moved so she lay on her side and not curled up. I moved my hand that she had clasped a little and her other hand moved up as well, grabbing my cloak.

"Don't leave," she whispered, still in that quiet voice. I smiled, slightly. I could tell she was still sleeping, her eyes shut and her breathing turned light as if in a peaceful slumber, but she knew I was here. She knew even while she was asleep that I was here.

"I won't, I swear," I told her and I got up and moved into the bed next to her. I lay flat on my back and she let go of my hand so she could reach an arm over my chest and hug me.

I looked at her as she snuggled against me, looking really comfortable. She was so beautiful. It still surprises me to know that she is mine.