I Missed You

I started to walk into the camp to go find Felix, but two lost boys came out of the bushes, pointing there crossbows at me. Josh and Alex.

When our eyes met, Josh lowered his weapon first. "Layla? Thought Pan said you'd gone to help your dad."

"Oh my lord," I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face, "No. I didn't. How long have I even been gone?"

"A day and a half, long enough to help those people," Alex added.

"Oh, please. You two are so guillible."

"Hey, Layla. I'm guessing you for my message from the Fairy?"

I smiled when I saw Devin walk out, worried about how on edge Josh and Alex were acting. They didn't seem scared, just worried and jumpy.

"Yeah, I did. Thanks for that."

"No problem and honestly," he started walking over to me and whispering in my dad, "I'm starting to loose trust in Pan as well."

"Well, I always knew you had a brain there," I laughed so Josh and Alex didn't suspect anything. I knew if a lost boy addmitted there distrust in Pan, he wouldn't be too happy about, but I'm also glad that Devin started to see how fake he was.

"Thanks for the confidence," he joked back.

"So, is Pan here right now?"

"No, but Felix is. In his tent. No idea what he's doing but he's been in there for a little while."

"Alright, Thank you so much for your help."

Devin nodded as I moved past him towards Felix's tent. I didn't know what I was going to tell him, I could tell him the truth. That Pan put me in a cage in dark hollow to get out of his way, but I didn't want to make Felix angry. Pan may be the most evil, messed up boys I knew, but he was still Felix's friend. Unfortunately.

Many of the Lost boys looked at me weird, with confusion, all of them probably buying into Pans lie of me going to help my dad, except Jared. He smiled with a nod of his head in acknowledgement. I couldn't help but smile back. He always seemed like the type to do whatever he wanted, not following others. Almost like leader material.

Getting to Felix's tent, I pulled the flap aside and went directly inside. I saw Felix right away, his arm over his eyes as he lay in his bed, stretched out on his back. He looked asleep, until I heard a heavy sigh leave his lips and removed the arm from his eyes, sitting up.

"What is it now--," his voice stopped as his eyes met mine. His mouth opened in pure shock.

"Hi?" I said as more of a question, wondering what his reaction would turn into.

Slowly he got up from the bed, his steps taking him toward me. "Where have you been?"

I stared into his eyes for a minute before deciding I'd give him a variation of the truth.

"I went to go see my father. I swear I didn't help him. I didn't betray you, I just missed him...."

I finished explaining it to him, letting my sentence hang off, hoping that he would:A) Believe it and B)Not buy whatever lie Pan was giving him.

A moment of silence stretched between us as I waited for him to say something and after a while he did. Just not with words.

His head lowered and I felt his lips press against mine, soft at first, but then it got rougher as we had a long, needed, kiss. My hands immediately went around his neck as his hands fell upon my waist, pulling me closer.

The kiss lasted longer than I thought we could breathe, our lips parting for air.

"I missed you," he said, his voice sounding desperate.

"I wasn't gone that long," I joked, trying to lighten the situation.

"You were gone long enough."

I chuckled at him acting like a child, but it also through me off a little bit. He was never this possessive. This clingy. Why was everyone acting so weird?

There was another moment of silence before I sensed magic come into the tent and Felix's eyes shut as he collapsed to the ground.

"What?" I asked, bending down over Felix, shaking him. There was only one thing that could make someone just pass out like that. A sleeping curse. Which meant.....that meant my father and the people with him were here.

My heart picked up speed, panick taking over me. If my dad saw me in here, he would mad. Scratch that, he would be pissed.

Maybe, maybe I could sneak out or maybe I should just stay and explain things.

That is the stupidest idea I ever came up with.

I heard the flap to the tent move, my whole body tensing up.  I didn't dare turn around, fearing who I would see there.

"So, this is Tinkerbell's new treehouse, huh?"

I visibly gulped as my head turned to give a nervous smile to my dad.

"Hey, dad," I started, hoping that he wouldn't get angry and I could explain things.

"What are you doing here? Why are you with him?"

"Well," I looked back at the passed out Felix, before continuing, "I'm uh, you know......"

"No, I don't know," he countered, his voice taking on a dad tone. I hadn't heard that in so long it kind of scared me.

"Um, well...."

"Just tell me, Layla."

"I'm kind of," my voice lowered incredibly, "in love with Felix."

"What? Don't tell me I heard you right. Layla, there is no way you can be in love with him. You're too young. Not to mention, he is not a good person."

"He's a good person to me."

"And what about all the people he wasn't good to. All the people he's killed. Or hurt."

"How do you know he's killed before? Not many people have come to the island."

"He killed some of my men when I was here. Without blinking an eye."

"I-I dont think about that when I'm with him."

"Obviously you don't. Have you forgotten about Pan? Felix and Pan are always working together."

"But Felix isnt like Pan. Pan is heartless and selfish, he isn't like that."

"Layla, Layla," he mumbled running his hands through his hair, eyes closed. "I understand your memories were messed with, but him, really? I never suspected that."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but he makes me happy."

My dad sighed again, "I know you're going to argue with me on this, but I want you to go to the Jolly Roger and wait there for all this to be over."

"What, no. You want me to hide? Like a coward?"

"Who are you going to fight? Who's side are you going to fight for?"

He had a point, I couldn't fight against Felix, nor my dad. So I wouldn't be too much help if something actually went down. I didn't like the idea of 'running away', but it was the truth. That was the shadow told me too. There are people on both sides who love me and that's dangerous. Dangerous for me, dangerous for them.

"Fine, alright, but I'm not happy about it."

"I didn't expect you to be, but thank you."

"Yeah, sure. By the way, don't hurt Felix. Please. I know you don't like him and he's not fond of you either, but please don't."

He stared at me for a moment.before looking away, "Alright, okay. I won't."

Giving my dad one last smile, I once again used my magic to make me disappear and then reappear on the Jolly Roger where I would sadly be hiding for who knows how long.

Ugh....