# 23 SILENCE - THE ANOTHER WORD TO PAIN

Ryan could not believe that it was Steve.

Since Steve appeared weak with the beard face, shrunken eyes .

Ryan (with shocking expression) , "hey Steve what happened man? Are you alright?"

Steve just smiled at him.

Evan stood blinking next to him.

Ryan, "hey speak up man. What happened to you?" saying he looked at Evan

Evan's inner sense warned him, (Evan, Ryan is looking at you, he is going to interrogate about Steve right now. If you tell the truth Steve will kill you, otherwise Ryan will kill you. May be you could manage this situation with a lie. But if Ryan finds out the Truth definitely you are dead. So better escape from these violent friends)

Evan looked at an officer, standing at a distance who seemed to be waiting for someone, (he is the one on whom, Evan poured the glass of water during a meeting before).

Evan, "Hey Mr. Franklin" saying he waved his hand.

Confused Mr. Franklin (turned and looked at him) " Oh This one. Why is it calling me? "

Evan, "I'm coming.. Long time no see.." he smiled and made gestured that he was going to meet him.

Mr. Franklin had no mind on him; he turned back and stood as before.

But Ryan noticed the fear in Evan's eyes.

Evan moved from that place, and walked fast towards Mr. Franklin, but his legs slipped and he fell on him.

Mr. Franklin fell with his face towards the floor.

Evan found that Mr. Franklin got bruises on his lips.

Evan, "I'm sorry Mr. Franklin. Take care. "Saying he got up and ran away.

Mr. Franklin who is in anger and pain tried to catch him, but failed.

Steve never answered even a single word to Ryan.

Ryan, "okay. I've to meet Mr. Harper now. I'll deal with you later." saying he left Steve.

Steve went inside the cabin, the juniors Luke and Jason wished him.

He smiled at them, and went to his seat and started working in his computer.

After some time Evan came in to the cabin, he went to an excited state with his friends though they were meeting each other after a long time.

Ryan came back, he looked at Steve, but Steve never minded him. Evan took out a file and pretended to read it.

Ryan noticed everything, but he never said anything, but he thought that it is difficult to extract the reason from Steve, so he decided to target Evan to know about everything.

Ryan started to behave normally with Steve, but he never asked anything regarding his change.

But whenever he tried to corner Evan, he either escaped or Steve interrupted them.

Days passed by,

Steve's team was busy with work.

Ryan was confused with the change in behavior of Steve and Sasha. But he was trying with all his might to find a suitable time to trap Evan.

Steve maintained his silence and started to work till late night in the office. After reaching home at night, he used to sit near the window and stare at her home. His face expressed that he had made a strong decision about his life.