Chapter Seven

I spent the rest of my day with Alanna. I helped her with her homework and then, took her to the park for a play date. By the time we returned home, she was wore out and went straight to bed. That gave me some time to catch up on the news and watch some Netflix. As I was scrolling through MSN, I stopped scrolling as I saw a headline that grabbed my attention, WWE Superstar Randy Orton engaged to longtime girlfriend. Not believing the story, I clicked it and sure enough, it was true. He had shared a photo of their engagement on his social media. I immediately felt nauseous as I closed the tab. I had never met this woman and knew nothing about her other than she had three kids. It made me sick to think that Randy could father some other man's children, but not his own.

          The more I thought about it, the more angry I became. I ended up going straight to bed and did my best to put on my strong face. I couldn't let Alanna see me this way, I had to put up my wall...

          The next morning, I woke up early and got myself ready. After, I got Alanna up and ready for school, the bus came and picked her up. I couldn't tell her that her daddy was marrying someone else, that was his job, not mine. Once the bus disappeared, I locked up and waited for my carpool. Thankfully, it was right on time and I hopped in the backseat to find Brock next to me. "You literally just scared the crap out of me."

          He chuckled. "How did you think I was going to get there?"

          I shrugged. "It never even crossed my mind."

          The driver continued down the main road toward downtown. I was silently watching the scenery until Brock interrupted. "Heyman sent me a link last night. I assume you already know..."

          I sighed, really not wanting to talk about it. "Yes, I know." He knew to leave it alone and I was thankful for that. I just wasn't sure if anyone else felt the same. When we arrived at the radio station, a crowd of fans met us. I tried to put on a smile as we followed security into the building and up to the second floor. We were greeted by the host and then taken into a small room to go live. Brock and I sat beside each other and adjusted our headset and mic.

          "Good morning to all and thanks for tuning in to 98.1, the bull. Today we have some very special guests from the WWE. They preformed live last night at Rupp Arena and we were super lucky to get them on the show this morning. Welcome Brock Lesnar and Casey Bennett. It's nice to have you on the show, guys. How was the crowd last night?"

          I answered. "They were amazing, it had been a long time since I stepped foot in a ring, but they acted as if I had never left."

          "Yeah, for those who don't know, Casey is a Kentucky native who started performing in the WWE in 2002. She left in 2008 for maternity leave and returned last night full time. How does it feel to be back?"

          "Great, I've been thinking a lot about it lately and thankfully, Paul, or better known as Triple H, had an offer for me to team up with Brock. It was an offer than I couldn't refuse."

          He nods and turns to Brock. "So, this is your first storyline with a diva. Were your surprised when this was brought up? Honestly, I watched Raw last night and when you two teamed up, I was pretty shocked."

          Brock chuckled. "I think it surprised everybody, but the more we got into it, the more it made sense. I mean, if anyone watched Casey when she first started, she was dynamite in a small package. She was a ten time Women's champion and was the last to hold the belt before it was retired. Not many women can say that, especially in a business as competitive as this."

          "Alright, so I'm going to take some fan questions now." He takes the tablet from the table and continues. "TommyJ235 asks, what is your favorite move to do in the ring?"

          Brock responds. "I don't know that I have one. For me, it's just business. I go to work and go home. If I had to pick, I guess it would be the F5."

          He looks to me. "Since I first started in the business, I've always loved doing moonsaults and hurricanranas. They were really tough to learn when I was younger, but ever since I did, I've used one of them in almost every match."

          "Okay, the next question is from WWELover89. They ask, Casey, Brock said recently in an interview that he's not a people person and he doesn't get along with others. Do you think this is true?"

          Brock shifts his weight and chuckles. "Yeah, Casey, is it?"

           "I haven't personally known him that long to tell you, but we've been getting a long just fine. So, I guess you'll have to ask me again in a few weeks."

          "The next question has been asked by several viewers. I don't know if you have a comment and if you don't, that's fine. But the viewers want to know what you think of your ex-husband, Randy Orton, getting engaged to his longtime girlfriend. It was said that he's been with her since you both divorced in 2009."

          I was hoping it wouldn't come up, but in the back of my mind, I knew it would. Brock's expression immediately changed as he started to respond, but I stopped him. "It's okay." I whispered. "I would be lying if I said that I was expecting it, but I wish them luck all the same. Marriage is not a one-way street and to be honest, it's one of the hardest things I've done in my life. You really have to love the other person and communicate for it to work. I hope it works out and I wish them the best."

          "Wise words. Very wise. Alright, we're going to take a quick break and when we come back, our 90 minute bull ride of non-stop country is coming right up." We get the off air signal as we take a few pictures with the crew. Afterward, we're escorted back to our carpool and started to make our way through the busy streets.

          "You're a better person that I am." Brock adds as we get settled.

          I stare out the window as I respond. "I doubt that. You just don't want people to see the good in you. It's there, it's just hidden."

          "No, I'm serious. How could you wish him luck after all that? If they asked me, I would probably have chosen very unkind words."

          I shake my head. "I don't want my daughter to hear it. I don't want her to grow up thinking I hated her father because I don't. I hate what we he became."

          "You divorced him because of the drugs, didn't you?"

          I nodded. "Was it that obvious?"

          "Everyone backstage knew before you started dating. When I came back, I heard the gossip. They all said he did well hiding it from you and they wanted to tell you, but they couldn't. Then, eventually, you figured it out."

          "Yeah, once I found him on the floor unconscious."

          He seemed to identify with me, but I didn't know why. "Did you and Sable ever talk? Because you would have had a lot in common." I turned to him unsure of what he meant. "She stuck with me through my addiction to pain killers and alcohol, but I had already damaged our marriage, even if she wouldn't admit it. Once I sobered up, I thought we could move on with our life, but she wasn't the same. That's why she divorced me, she thought I would go back to it once I started wrestling again..."

          "But you didn't, I wish I could say the same for Randy..."

          "How do you know I'm not on them now?" He was challenging me, but I knew better.

          "I may have been blinded for a while, but I was young and stupid. I'm not anymore and I can tell you're sober. If you weren't, you wouldn't regret what you did. You grew up and owned up to your mistakes and if I did know Sable, I would have told her the same thing." I paused as we pulled up to my house. "I know you were going to stand up for me in there and thanks for that. But I knew if you did, it would have been all over the news by lunch and I really want to be done with that part of my life. Enjoy the rest of your week, I'll see you next week for Raw."