(13) Christmas shopping! ^•^

"I bet your brother Daniel would totally like this" said Marcus motioning me to a Star Wars printed blanket.

Today was that type of random day that our school decided to make a teacher reunion, leaving us students without class. We all had planned to meet up at the mall to look at Christmas decorations and potential gifts. It would had been all of us but today Sam and Pansy were out on their date.

"Yeah Daniel would really like that" I looked at him puzzled. "How do you know he likes Star Wars tho? I never really  mention it.."

"I'm pretty sure you mentioned it once. Oh look at that! So cute!"  He said as he ran off to the stuffed animals plush area.

"May check this out!" Called James from the other side, who was looking at Christmas tree decorations. I sprinted toward him, as he hold in his hand a ginger bread cookie ornament.

"Aw that's so adorable!"

"And wait, there is more!" He said as he pressed a button on the back of the ornament. The song "Jingle Bells" started playing. My eyes went wide and took it from his hands, "I'm totally getting it." I said as I dropped it in the cart.

We walked over to where Marcus was, which he was holding a huge brown teddy bear. "Mom. Dad." He said referring to James and I, as we looked at him weirdly. He sniffed, " I want this for Christmas.", he said as he hugged the teddy bear.

"Oh darling" I said towards my "child's" father. "We have to get him that! Look at him with his happy smile!"

"But sweetheart, I just have 20 bucks!" Said James in a very mature voice.

"But daddy!!!!" Yelled Marcus playing along. " I want it!!!" He said with a pout, dropping to the ground like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

" See now you made him upset!" I sat next to Marcus. "Sweetie, don't worry mommy will find a way to make daddy buy it for you"

"Yay!!! Thanks mommy!" Said Marcus, kissing my cheek, throwing his hands in the air and running away to look at the toys.

"You are not serious are you?"  Said James.

"Of course not." I said in my motherly voice. "He will forget about it and find another toy." I started pushing the cart towards the candle area. If I haven't said it before, Pansy had a mayor addiction to candles for some reasons. Don't ask, I don't have the answers for her obsession.

"Which you'd think Pansy would like more.." I said toward James, "Sugar Cookie or Christmas Morning?"

" I don't know let me see" he said as he took the candles in his hands, a little part of his jacket moving backwards, showing recent scars. " Sugar Cookie for sure" he handed them to me.

"James did you..." I pointed toward his arm.

"Oh this?" He looked at his arm, "That was Missy" Missy is his cat, which he has had for like 4 years.

"Oh. Okay then."

"Now that you bring up Pansy tho..." He looked at a few candles as he spoke. "Sam asking Pansy out..." He started speaking as Marcus made his way toward us. "Did you guys ever expected that? Sam liking Pansy?"

I looked at Marcus, as he looked back at me. We knew exactly what was going on, but obviously weren't going to say.

"Pff yeah. Why wouldn't he liked her? She's amazing."

"Yes I know she is but don't you think it's strange?"

"How is it strange?"

"I've been noticing like the way Sam would look at May and how he would act around her. I thought he liked you more than a friend but I guess I was wrong"

"Yeah. You were wrong"

"Now what do you have back there, mister?" Said James as he looked at Marcus with his hands behind his back.

"N-nuthing..." Marcus stuttered.

James ran behind him and snatched from his hands, revealing a small dinosaur toy.

"Aww does little Marcus want this?" Said James with a voice you would use to speak to a baby.

"Maybe..." Said Marcus looking at the ground, twisting his foot on the floor.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"Five dowars..." Said Marcus in a baby voice.

"Fine I'll get it for you." Agreed James.

"Oh my god really?!" Said Marcus cheerfully.

"Yeah" said James casual.

"YAYYYYYY!!" Celebrated Marcus and I laughed. "Thank you daddy" He said as he gave a bear hug to James.

"No problem, son of mi-"

Snap.

"What did you just do?" Asked Marcus and James in unison.

"Nothing..." I said with my innocent voice as I put my phone away inside my pocket.

"Did you..." Started James.

"Just take a picture of us?" Finished Marcus.

"You guys looked adorable!" I objected.

That's when I ran as fast as I could, as they chased me around the store, trying to get ahold of my phone to delete the picture.

___________________________

Successfully, I got my way. Got a few ornaments, some gifts and a cute picture of my "son" and his "father".

"So what are we gonna do now?" James asked, as we walked out of the store.

"Want to go for something to eat? There's a few places to eat around here.."

"Sure. Marcus what do you think?" Asked James.

"I...forgot to buy something at the store." He said turning around. " I'll meet up with you guys in a bit. Where?"

"You know. People who are obsessed with tacos, where do they go?"

"Meet you at Taco Bell then." Said Marcus.

"Okay." We said in unison, as we walked to Taco Bell to get tacos in our bellies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~