Chapter 14- There's One Question I'd Like To Ask

* Joel's P.O.V*

Today was the day of mine and Pollyann's date, I can't wait to see her again. I know I saw her only a matter of hours ago but to me that was too long. I'm hoping that she isn't too nervous about coming on a date with me because I'd hate for her to be worrying. I'm going to admit I am bricking it a bit. I want everything to go smoothly for us and I hope she will be grateful with everything I've arranged for her. I was supposed to be going to rehearsals  today to make sure everything was perfect for our gig tomorrow all I had on my mind was Pollyann which meant I didn't get myself ready in time and I was 2 and a half hours late to studio. When I eventually arrived I was met by the lads they were all sitting in the waiting area waiting to continue rehearsing. " So you've finally decided to join us then" Ryan shouted as I went to sit down beside him. " Sorry I'm late I overslept" I replied while slipping my phone out of my pocket. " How's it going mate" Andy shouted while offering his hand for a high five. " All right ta mate, I'm taking Pollyann on a date tonight so I'm pretty excited about that" I replied in a very happy way. " Oooooh Joel's  got a girlfriend" Ryan began to sang in a 5 year old's playful way. " She isn't my girlfriend yet, It's just a date" I sighed. I really did want her to be my girlfriend but I hadn't actually asked her yet. " All the best mate" Andy said while getting up to go and tune up his guitar he gently tapped my shoulder as he left the waiting area. After we had finished rehearsing it was just after 3pm so I rushed home and started to get ready for tonight.

*Pollyann's P.O.V*

The time was now 5:30pm meaning in half an hours time Joel would arrive to pick me up. I was so nervous I didn't know what to do with myself, Hannah helped me get ready and to be quite honest if I didn't have her around I wouldn't have known what to wear she recently went out on a date with Nathan so she was pretty good at helping me out with what to wear and stuff. I was currently sat in the living room with the lads and Hannah the TV was on in the background but my mind was focusing elsewhere so I didn't take much notice of it. I kept looking at my watch wishing that the time would push on I knew I shouldn't have been clock watching but I just couldn't help it. I noticed Jay looking out of the window once his eyes left the window he looked over to where I was sitting and said " It looks as if he is on his way" My heart skipped a beat. " Oh okay" I replied with a nerve racked tone." Don't sound so enthusiastic then Poll" Max chuckled. I loved his sarcasm it somehow always cheered me up. I got up off the sofa said my goodbye's to everyone. " Good luck sis you'll be fine" Max said with a smile "Thanks, Bye everyone" Everyone waved as I left the room I went to sit on the stairs waiting for the doorbell to ring. I again looked at my watch and it was 5:55pm. 5 freaking minuets wow pull yourself together I kept saying to my self. Just as I was taking some deep breaths to try and calm my nerves the doorbell rang..

I gently got up and opened the door. " Wow Poll, You look lovely" Joel said with a loving look on his face. " Thanks, You don't look so bad yourself" I chucked. Joel took my hand we walked over to his car he opened the door for me and made sure I was settled nicely before we set off. "I'm so looking forward to watching Ted, Andy went and saw it last week and he said it was hilarious" Joel said while tapping the steering wheel. " Same, The trailer came on during Hollyoaks and I giggled a bit at it then so I'm bound to find the whole thing funny" I chirped while looking out of the passenger window. " They do say that they show the best bits in the trailer and leave the boring bits for the film" Joel sounded so clever when he said this. " You are right there, I sure hope they haven't this time". As we were making our way to the cinema me and Joel were talking non stop, He was telling me about some of his childhood memories and I did the same. When we arrived at the cinema we went to grab some snacks, He asked me what I would like to eat and I chose sweet popcorn I wanted to buy us our drinks but he insisted otherwise, We both had a large diet coke. Once we had bought our refreshments we went to take our seats. " Where would you like to sit Poll, Anywhere in particular?" Joel questioned. " Urm I don't really mind as long as it isn't the front" Joel nodded and scouted the seats for the best view, we walked past all of the rows until we got to the very top " How about here?" I looked around waiting on an agreement from Joel. " Here's fine" Joel nodded. We both took our seats and waited for the film to begin. About half way through the film Joel gently lifted my hand and softly locked his fingers in mine I gripped tight so he knew I was aware of his touch. His hands were so soft I really didn't want to let go. Before we knew it the film was over and we were back in the car travelling to what I thought was home. Half way home Joel took a left turn which meant we wern't heading for our street we were going somewhere else. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as the car came to a Holt. It was a quiet but well lit area Joel took my hand and lead me to the most prettiest place I have ever seen. We walked inside the lonely barn which awaited us it was beautiful, There was purple lace hanging up everywhere, cream net curtains covering the windows. gentle coloured lights were beaming across the small area we were in. We walked over to the middle of the beautiful space to find two picnic blankets layed out on the floor, next to the blankets was a small set of speakers waiting for an Ipod or an Iphone to be somehow plugged in. " Wow Joel this is beautiful, It's like we've just stepped off the world" I gasped. " I know it's lovely isn't it. I knew you would love it here" Joel said while sitting down on one of the blankets. After  few moments  I was lieing on Joel's chest, The speakers were playing out a soft piece of music and we were quietly talking and generally enjoying our company with one another. " Maybe you should come to the gig tomorrow, I would love to see you there" Joel asked while stroking my hair. " Would you really want me there"I said while looking up at him looking into his beautiful eyes. " Of course I do, I want to see more and more of you, There's one question I'd like to ask?" As he said this I turned to look him with a general sense of uneasiness " What's that?" I asked. " I really really like you and I would love to have you around a lot more, So would you like to be my girl?" A huge smile erupted on my face I took a deep breath and said " Feelings mutual and of course I will" After I had said this Joel kissed the side of my cheek I gently lifted up my hand and stroked his beautiful soft face. " I Love you Pollyann George" Joel said while gently kissing me on the lips. " I love you too Joel Peat" We both layed in each others arms not wanting to move. I let the quiet music flow gently into my ears and gently fell asleep..........................