Spare Me (Avengers/Romanoff x reader)

Start from the beginning

"He is?" She took a shaky breath and nodded, "I knew that was a possibility. I didn't think she would actually do it, though." She sat on the edge of her bed, wringing her hands together, "After the last mission, she was afraid that one of us would get hurt again. She couldn't let it go that I got in her crossfire, but it was my fault, Clint. It was on me, not her."

"Well then it's your job to convince her. Cap said he's ready to drag her out by her hair, so you had better get it together, and fast." He stood, walking towards the door so she could get dressed. "We've got one shot at this, Nat."

~~~

"Clint, I want you up high, shoot anything that moves. I'm going to sweep the perimeter and give you a window. Nat, you go in and bring her out." Are we clear?

"What if she doesn't want to come with me?"

"Then you convince her."

Natasha laughed, but the smile didn't reach her eyes, "Drag her out by her hair, Steve?"

He glanced at Clint, then back to her, "I meant what I said. Don't doubt that I won't."

The three ran from the back of the jet, Clint moving to take the high ground and Steve running to take out any guards that were around the building Nat was about to enter. Steve darted to the left, easily taking out two HYDRA guards while Clint took out three more, nodding to Natasha that she was clear to make her move. With a firm kick she pushed the door open to see...nothing. She held up her scanner to find if there was a secret exit or hiding place within the building but found none. She was quickly growing frustrated and confused; JARVIS had confirmed this as your last known location.

"Steve, there's no one in here."

"That's because she's out here," Clint replied, because Steve couldn't answer for himself.

Natasha ran from the building, seeing Steve on his knees in front of you, his shield at his side. Clint was walking down from the hillside, but his gait was rigid as if he were trying to fight the force pulling him down. "(Y/N), don't do this. Let them go, please."

You looked at her, your eyes full of sadness and regret, but you were still not releasing your former teammates. You didn't want to take control of her too; she was the one person who meant the most to you, the one person who loved you despite your power that would scare all others away. But if it meant keeping her safe, then you would do what you had to.

"I'm not going to hurt them, Nat. I don't ever want that. I want just the opposite, so you need to let me go, for the safety of the team."

Natasha could begin to feel you taking control of her and tried to force her will against you. You were pushing her towards the jet, ready to move the other two with her and make them fly away without you once and for all. "(Y/N), I still trust you. I still love you. I know you wouldn't hurt me, so don't start now. This hurts more than any injury you could cause."

"You know that I don't want to do this; but I fit better here, sweetheart. And if that means that one day you will have to take me down with the rest of HYDRA, then I hope that yours is the last face I see."

Natasha had successfully broken your focus, allowing Steve to take his shield in hand. He threw it to bounce off the building behind you then into you with just enough force to knock you out. As you fell, he reached out just in time to catch you before you hit the cold ground below you. "I've got her! Let's get the hell out of here!"

~~~

"That wasn't by the hair, Steve." Clint groaned, stretching his legs out as he sat in the pilot seat. "I feel robbed of the experience."

Steve sat next to Clint while Natasha kept watch over you. She gently stroked your hair, counting your breaths to be sure the Captain's shield hadn't done any damage. "It was a bit too harsh, if you ask me."

"I'm not asking you." Steve spun the chair around to face her now, with a stern look, his arms crossing over his chest. "You wanted me to get her for you, and you've got her. Don't question my methods when the end result is what you wanted."

You woke with a start, furiously looking around the jet, slowly realizing where you were and what had happened. "No, you guys, you can't take me back to the tower. I'm too much of a risk, you don't understand."

Finally done with the excuses and the reasons to stay away, Natasha grabbed your face and pulled you to her for a yearning kiss that seemed to go on forever. You couldn't help but respond and relax to her touch, missing the way you two used to be before this all started.

"Honey, I'm not safe. I'm losing control of my power." You pulled back, and saw tears beginning to well up in her eyes, but you stood firm on your decision. "Bruce and Tony have tried to help, and failed. I don't know what to do other than to run." You pulled your hands from hers, and felt immediate sadness at her expression. "And maybe I can take out a bit of HYDRA in the process." You released your grip on her and stood to back away. "My feelings have never changed, Natasha."

"Clint, take me back."