14 | C o f f e e

Dedicated to ClumsyMeggie for taking me to see 5SOS! Thank you so much, what a great night! x

Edit by me, whoop!

"FINALLY, THE DAY IS OVER," Melanie huffed as she left the English classroom and headed for her locker, Louis following closely behind her with an amused grin on his lips. Melanie was thankful for him returning to visit her when he had - she didn't know how she would have survived without his company. It had been a long and stressful day back at school.

"Not yet," Lucifer reminded her, glancing up at the clock in the hallway. "There's still quite a measurable amount of time left of the day. I won't be leaving until midnight."

"Lucky me," Melanie said, grinning. "I should take you shopping before you leave. You can experience life as a human being on Earth."

"Ew, Muggles," Louis said and Melanie spun round to face him with shock on her face.

"Harry Potter reference?" she asked. "You know Harry Potter? I think I love you even more, Satan."

"Well, I am very lovable, dear Melanie," Louis said as he stood with his back to the lockers. "I mean, who couldn't love a bit of this?" He gestured to his body and Melanie simply raised a brow.

"Hm, well a lot of women favour a man with a reasonable length..." she began, noticing the way his face dropped at the mention of his genitals again. "And, dear Lucifer, I do believe you're lacking in that area."

"Next time you find yourself in an accident and are whisked off to The Beyond, I'll make sure to put you straight in Hell for all of these nasty assumptions about my manhood."

"You do that, Satan," Melanie teased before closing her locker and zipping up her back. She had purposely spent ten minutes longer in the bathroom to make sure the majority of the school was empty. The last thing she needed was to be questioned about who she was talking to as she left the building on her first day back.

At one point during History, Melanie had been telling Louis to stop playing with her pencil case and had been caught talking louder than she had originally thought. Louis gave her an innocent grin as the teacher requested she stay behind to talk with him for interrupting the lesson on her first day back. She had slapped Louis on her way out of the room.

"So, you're going to your school dance, huh?" Louis asked casually as they left the school and turned left to head for the high street.

"Yep, and you're coming with me. You said you can make your presence known and unknown to anyone you like so at the dance you can become visible so I don't end up looking like a twát dancing by myself."

"Aw, what a shame," Louis teased, poking Melanie's cheek. "You don't want to be seen without a date. Why not take Quinn with you?"

"Michael has a girlfriend, in case you missed that during the long discussion we had together in The Beyond."