11 | R e c o v e r

Dedicated to JerrytheGiraffe for writing my favourite Louis fic ever, Sorcery!

Just in case some of you didn't understand - this isn't a new part to Lucifer. I'm adding the sequel (which was originally posted as a single book) onto this story. So, if you're thinking this is new, I'm sorry, it's not! That is, unless you never knew the sequel had been sitting on my profile for a year after the first story, aha!

MELANIE FLINCHED AS SHE CAREFULLY sat herself down on her bed. Her injuries from the car crash were still in the process of healing; the cut on her forehead had faded to a bruise and her broken ribs remained tender to the touch. Sometimes the slightest movement made a small, uncomfortable gasp fall from her lips. Luckily, her wounds were nowhere near as excruciating as they had been when she had first opened her eyes in that hospital room. There were several black and blue bruises on her chest, all from the impact of the steering wheel crushing into her rib-cage two months previously.

Two months previously.

Melanie remembered it all, every last detail of that day. She remembered her terrible accident due to the betrayal of two close friends; arriving in a strange place known as The Beyond, where everything played out like a black and white movie; discovering she was dead and then meeting none other than The Devil himself. Louis, she corrected herself. He preferred 'Louis' as opposed to his many other names. Not only was it difficult to accept the fact that she had met Satan, but to also try and deal with the knowledge that she had been dead for a certain period of time.

"Ow," she grumbled as she readjusted herself. "Fuck." It didn't hurt terribly much - just enough to make her wince.

Once she was settled and comfortable, Melanie tugged the duvet up over her stiff legs, smiling as the pain in her body slowly diminished into a numb. At least it doesn't hurt as much as it did last month, she realised with a grimace.

Last month, when she had been released from the hospital, she had left with several medicines pumped into her system, making her feel woozy and intoxicated. She was exhausted and so heavily drug-infused, that all she had wanted to do was sleep. Forever.

One thought that came with her drowsy state was: maybe if I sleep for ages, seventy years won't seem so long any more? For all she was dazed, her story of being in The Beyond with Louis remained her secret.

Upon his visit last month - as he had promised - Melanie was embarrassed when she realised she'd been asleep for the majority of it. She faintly remembered slurring at him: "I'm all drugged up," before falling asleep in the comfort of her own bed, his pale eyes observing her in amusement. She was pretty sure he had been laughing as sleep took over.

She glanced at the clock with heavy eyes. It read: 11:15 PM. She sighed, coming to terms with the fact that she would be asleep before midnight; before his arrival.

They had much to catch up on. Melanie wasn't even sure if he was aware of what had become of Rachel and Kaleb. She was still having difficulty believing what her 'friends' had done to her. Over the last couple of months, Melanie had come to the conclusion of complete and utter hatred - she hated both of them for what they did to her. Rachel's words in the hospital no longer mattered and her argument was invalid. Melanie couldn't quite ignore the pang of sympathy she had originally felt towards Rachel, but in didn't last long at all. Melanie knew that if the tables were turned, and she were in the situation Rachel had been forced into, she would never have done something as awful as plan out her friend's death. It would have been straight to the police.