Chapter 23: It's Back To Mac's Point Of View

Percy told us that the clue to finding Hazel's brother, Nico, was in Piper's knife. I'm pretty sure that we might die because of it.

"Ben, I have to go. Stay on the ship."

"But..."

"No buts. If anyhting happens to you I'll be held responsible. Stay here, so you'll be safe."

"Fine, but only for you." Then Ben grabbed my waist and kissed me. After Ben let me go, and Percy, Jason, Piper and I went into this circular chamber, which Jason called a nympheaum. Percy checked it out first. Jason, Piper, and I waited above ground for him to get us.

"I need to tell you guys something. My real name is MacKenzie, not Mal. You guys can still call me Mal if you guys want to. My real mother is also Elsa from Frozen. Not Maleficent." I told Jason and Piper. "Don't tell Percy though, I want to tell him myself."

"What can we call you when you actually tell Percy?" Piper asked.

"Either Mac, without a k, or Mal." I responded.

"Okay, here he comes." Jason said as Percy came back up to ground level.

"Good news, the nympheaum has been waterless for about 100 years. The aqueduct has been dry for a while. Bad news, there is a weird passage way in there, but I can't tell where it ends. Weird news, I can't explain this. You guys better come see this." Percy informed us. We followed him down the corridor, me behind Percy, Piper behind me, Jason behind Piper. When we got down there, a green light shone through out the place.

"I wonder what would happen to the nymphs, being down here for so long." Piper said.

Suddenly, nine nymphs appeared in front of us. All of them looked like zombies.

"What would happen to the nymphs?" The nymph in the middle said. "Why don't you ask them? Lady Sabrina, what are you doing down here? Aren't you taking care of the son of Hephestas and his friends?"

"I don't know who you are, but I am not Sabrina. I'm her twin sister Mal." I said. "Is Sabrina a traitor?"

"Yes, she's working for Gaea. And since you're Lady Sabrina's sister, I will tell you my name. I am Hagno."

"That is just cruel." Piper said.

"We have a relationship with our neighbors, the Giants. They want us to kill you, not you Lady Mal, Lady Sabrina would like to deal with you herself. The others though, they are dead." Hagno said as the nympheaum started to fill with dark oilish water. The nine nymphs disappeared.

"We have to get out of here." Percy said, trying to be optimistic.

"I have an idea!" Piper exclaimed. "Jason, Percy, Mal come here." Jason, Percy and I swam up to Piper.

"Pour all of your power into the cornucopia. Give it all up like you're already dead. Percy, think of water."

"Can it be salt water?" Percy asked.

"Doesn't matter. Jason, think of a rainstorm. Mal, think of all your good times of Ben. I know that you love him and that you feel powerful when your around him. Use that to our advantage." Piper instructed. I imagined all of my power leaving my body. I thought of when I would feel completely defeated, if Ben died while he was under my protection. I'm not going to lie, I was hesitant to let Ben come with everyone on this road trip away from home. If he died, I would never forgive myself.

Then as quickly as it happened, the water drained and we were on the ground. Jason was unconscious.

"Jason! Oh my gods! Someone help!" Piper screamed.

"Let me help." Percy said as he put his hand on Jason's chest. Immediately, water cmae out of Jason's mouth. Before Jason gained consciousness, Percy, Piper, and I were forced against the wall.

"Holly Lucifer! Not again!" I said as I stood up, my back hurting.

"You all did well." We heard behind us. Hagno and the other nymphs appeared behind us. They didn't look like zombies anymore. Then a hole appeared under the stairway.

"Both of these exits will fade as soon as I'm gone. The hole leads to a sewer, which leads to the hypogem that the Giants call home."

"Ugh, no more complicated words!" Percy exclaimed.

"Oh, home isn't a complicated word. But before I go, a warning for Lady Mal, beware your twin." Hagno said as she disappeared.

"Down the hole we go." Piper said as she slid into the hole.

"May as well." Jason said. He slid into it as well.

"Percy," I said.

"Yeah?" He asked me.

"I'm tired of water." I said as I slipped into the hole.

"Same here." Then Percy slipped into the hole.

We crushed the Giants. With a little help from Mr. D, but I'm not counting him. Then we found the Emmunal Building and blew up the parking lot from the Argo II. That may sound stupid, but we had a good reason. Annabeth was down there somewhere, and we were going to find her.

Once we broke through, Percy screamed "Annabeth!"

"Down here!" She screamed back.

"She's alive!" I screamed back.

"No duh Dragon Brain!" Annabeth screamed back. We all got off and let Annabeth talk. She told us that she completed her quest, to find the Athena Parthenos. Then Percy and Annabeth started being dragged to the hole. That hole went to Tarturus. Percy and Annabeth fell down the hole. Percy grabbed onto the rock that was hanging from the edge.

"Nico! Promise me that you'll lead them to the House of Hades. Promise me that!" Percy screamed.

"I promise." Then after Nico said that, Percy fell down the hole, with Annabeth in tow.

When I think about the next thing that happens, I think of a Shawn Mendes song "Something Big". In the song, he sings, Something Big, I feel it happening, out of my control. Something Big, I feel it happening, I feel it in my bones. I always think that because I felt something happening in my bones, and that said something was really out of my control.

I felt a push against my back and I fell into the hole. When I looked up, I saw a figure that looked like me. Sabrina. She pushed me down here. I'm going to get my revenge, one way or another, in this life, or the next.