Chapter nineteen- Operation: Make Gajeel happy

Natsu's pov

Last night was Thanksgiving night, and we all had a lot of fun together. Some of the dares were pretty intense...Anyways, Lucy told me about what's been making Gajeel upset, and I feel kinda bad for him. I knew he always had a crush on Levy. 

   "Natsu."

   "What?"

   "You were staring off into space. Just wondering what you were thinking about."

   "Gajeel. I'm not used to seeing him like this. Usually he has a heart as hard as iron, but lately he's been acting weird."

   "I wish I could help him."

I felt something rub against my leg, and seen Happy. I think I have an idea. Gajeel's always had a thing for cats. 

   "Maybe we can."

   "How?"

   "With Operation: Make Gajeel Happy! We have to go to the Pet Store."

She gave me a questioning look, but followed behind me. 

   "Erza! Mira! Gray! Tell everyone we'll be back soon! And make sure Gajeel stays here!"

   "Okay? Have fun."

   "Make sure you drive careful! The roads are really slippery right now!"

   "Yea, yea. I know. Come on, Luce."

We walked to the car, and sat down. 

   "You wanna tell me what this plan of yours is?"

   "You'll see."

I drove us into town, and stopped at the nearest pet store. Walking inside, a worker smiled, and greeted us. 

  "Hello! Welcome to Pet Getaway. Let me know if you need any help."

We both smiled back, and I started walking towards the cat section. 

   "What are we doing?"

   "Picking out a cat."

   "And why would we do that?"

   "For Gajeel, obviously."

She looked at me like I was stupid, but started looking at our options of cats.

   "What about this one?"

   "No."

   "And why not!?"

   "Its to girly for Gajeel."

   "That's because it is a girl!"

We continued looking, but no luck. 

   "Natsu, we've looked at all the cats here, but you've said no to everyone of them."

   "That's because I'm just not sensing anything that Gajeel would like. You have to channel the cats energy, and focus on it in your mind."

   "What is that even suppose to mean!?"

   "I don't know. I just threw some fancy words together. Lets go look somewhere else."

She sighed, but nodded. We got back in the car, and drove down the road. 

   "So what kind of cat are we suppose to be looking for?"

   "I don't know. One that Gajeel would like. One that just...screams Gajeel's name. A manly cat."

   "Who are you, Elfman?"