Chapter 19

Cara's Pov

I woke up, still wet and on the floor. I lay here for a moment looking up at the ceiling, when the events of last night came rushing back;

Learning of my mothers death, and the kiss.

Two very different, subjects, yet they both effect me in the same place; my heart.

I lay there for a few more moments contemplating on what I should do. Just then, I hear a knock at the door.

I roll onto my stomach, my face squashed onto the floor. "Whoever you are, go away." I grumble, shocked at how hoarse my voice sounds.

"Please Cara? Just open the door. I kind of think that maybe, we should talk, and ya know-"  I come to hear as Harry's is cut off. I hear a bit of mumbling and motion outside, then I hear a new voice.

"Cara, love. Please. It's Lou. Please let me in."  Louis! Of course I'll let him in. I really need someone to talk to, and right now, I think he may be the only one. With Harry, things are a bit too complicated right now, and I never really clicked with Liam, and then Niall and Zayn I don't really know.

Struggling to pick myself up off the floor, I manage to do it. I go to the door, although just as I am about to do it, I remember I am a soaking wet, smelling of soiled something, mess.

"Ah, Lou?" 

"Yes love?"

"Do you think you could come back in like twenty minutes?"

"Uh, I suppose, but do you mind me asking why?"

"I need to shower." I mumble.

"Oh, okay. Go on. I'll be back in twenty." I then walk over to my suitcase and grab sweats and a sweater, as I haven't been able to find the time to put anything in their proper places, as well as I am a lazy person.

Anyway I grab my things and head to the bathroom. I turn the shower on, and soon after heat begins to fill the room. I get into the shower, and right away the hot water begins to sooth my tense muscles and sore back. Advice: if you can avoid sleeping on hardwood floor, do so at all costs. I hop out of the shower and put on clothes. It's now time to tackle the jungle I call my hair. I grab my comb and start to prod the comb through it.

*prod* Ouch!

*prod* Ouch!

*prod* Ouch!

After ten minutes of this, I have finally untangled my hair and put it up in to a messy bun. Just as I exit the bathroom, I hear  knock on the door.

"Cara you done yet?" It's been twenty minutes I hear Louis whine from outside the door.

"Yes, I'm done." I reply, opening the door and letting him in.

"Oh thank goodness, you finally opened the door!" Louis yells, walking into the room, but the moment he lays eyes on me, his features suddenly became soft. He opened his arms wide, knowing just what I need.

I held onto him, as the tears started to fall. I couldn't hold it in even if I tried. He rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's all right love. Let it all out." After awhile, we separated from our embrace and he led me to sit on my bed.

"Cara, I have to talk to you about something."

I sighed. "Well okay. I guess I could say I saw this coming. I mean, you are my best friend and all so-"