Chapter 8

Cara's Pov

"So um, what's one thing you enjoy most?" I ask Harry, and his friend Liam trying to see if I can get answers.

"My job." They both say in unison.

"How come?" I push on.

"Um, that was two questions. It's our turn to ask you." I sigh.

"I'm quite a boring person."

"Not true!" Harry says. I just roll my eyes and wait for them to ask the next question knowing I'm going to lose this little debate anyway.

Liam scratches his head as he thinks of a question. "Where are you from?" He asks.

"America...Duh." Both boys laugh aloud.

"Duh is right. Obviously you are with your accent."

"I don't have an accent," I say.

"You do." Liam and Harry glance at each other and then shake their heads as well as laugh a bit.

"I'm quite sure you two are the ones with accents." I argue.

We go on like this for a few more minutes. Finally Liam cuts us all off. "Okay! Okay! We both have accents! Can we please get back to what I was asking?"

"Yes we can, but I think it's my turn to ask a question. I answered yours."

"No you didn't. I meant what part of America you're from."

"Oh. Um, I'm from here, in New York."

"Oh, cool." I nod. Just before I get ready to shoot another question at the boys, Liam glances at his phone, and his eyes widen. "Shoot." I hear him mumble.

"What's wrong mate?" Harry asks. He shows Harry the time. Harry's eyes widen. I see the time is 12:56am.

"I ugh have to get to bed. See you two tomorrow." Liam says gathering his phone and charger and heading towards the door.

"Why are you freaking out about the time? Do you guys have work tomorrow?"

"No." Liam answers.

I see Harry send him daggers. And they probably think I don't notice all of their body language. Silly, silly boys. I notice everything. I can tell when people get nervous and always catch onto the little things. I've had a lot of time to observe people. It's pretty much all I did for awhile before I met Harry.

Just to push their buttons I ask, "Then why are you freaking out about the time? Does wittle wiam have a bedtime?" I coo. Harry bursts into laughter. Liam turns a light shade of pink.

"Ugh, yea. Let's go with that. Goodnight Cara. Goodnight Harry." He says and walks out.

Liam's Pov

I'm so stupid. Why did I have to open my big mouth?! Now she is probably suspicious. Oh well. As I turn to go to my room. I bump into Louis, Zayn, Niall, and Todd.

"Oh Liam was Harry in there? Is he alright?" Louis asks. Now's my chance to tell everyone about how Harry is hiding Cara. I think to myself. But I stop myself. I got to know Cara a bit today, and I think she is worth helping, so I'll hold my tongue and save Harry's butt.

"Um, he's okay, depending on your definition of okay." I spit out. Oh, great. I'm making it sound like he's on his death bed. Everyone starts to look worried.

"Oh my gosh! We need to go check on him!"

"No! Don't!" I shout.

"Why not?!" They all yell at me, looking at me like I'm crazy.