Take A Chance On Me {24}

Start from the beginning

            “Ashley. You don't really think we'd ever let you get away with that, do you?” I gulped, backing up as she stepped closer to me. She smirked. “I didn't think so. I always knew you were smarter than that.”

            Eric and Rupert stood as well, and it was obvious they were figuring out what to do with me now that I posed a threat to them. Were they going to eat me like spiders too? Oh god.

            “I didn't think you were such a tattle tale whore.” Rupert snapped, glaring at me. At this, Tabitha's eyes lightened a little bit.

            “She is a tattle tale whore, isn't she? So why don't we treat her like one?” Tabitha pulled her iPhone out of her bra. “Grab her.” I paled and made a desperate dash for the door, but my arms were quickly seized by Eric and Rupert. She rattled off instructions for them to pin me down and strip me completely naked. My eyes went wide.

            “No! Don't, please don't!” I cried as my shirt was torn painfully from my body. I thrashed, but my arms were immobile and my legs could only reach so far. Soon, I was bare in front of all three of them plus the camera, where Tabitha was grinning and filming away. Tears ran down my face, which was red partly from exertion and partly from humiliation.

            “Say hi to the camera, Ashley.” I turned my head away and shut my eyes, trying to picture myself anywhere else. There was some shuffling, and I felt Tabitha kneel close to me and whisper in my ear. “This video will be everywhere before you know it if you mutter a word about what we did to anybody. Got it slut?” I whimpered and nodded, feeling violated and exposed. They laughed, releasing me. I curled into a ball, covering my ears and pretending I wasn't there. The door slammed as they left, their cruel voices echoing down the hall.

            ~End Flashback~

            My lower lip trembled as I shut my locker, realizing I had spaced out and there were few people left. I panicked and hurried out the doors, rushing to my car. When I arrived upon it I noticed something odd. My tires...oh no! They're...slashed. Ruined. It's not like I can't afford more, but it's a clear enough message. I nearly burst into tears right there when a hand clamped on my shoulder.

            “AAAHH!” I jumped, screaming.

            “Whoa whoa! Ashley, it's me!” I panted as I looked up at Callum, who had his hands raised to his shoulders.

            “You scared the hell out of me!” He chuckled nervously.

            “Yeah, I can see that. I also see you're uh...sort of out of a ride.” I sighed.

            “Sort of, yeah.”

He stuck his hands in his pockets. “Do you want me to take you?”

            “I-if you don't mind.” I said, knowing neither of my parents would be home to get me.

            “Not at all.” I followed him as he walked to his car, which was running already with Tate in the passenger seat. I paused for a second, wishing I didn't have to face him more than necessary before this was all hopefully over. I got in the backseat of his car, clutching my bag and refusing to meet either of their gazes. How do you face the people whose lives you've ruined?

            **Callum's POV**

I glanced in the rear view mirror at Ashley, tightening my grip on the wheel. I hope she isn't getting cold feet about our agreement yesterday. I hadn't told Tate yet because I wanted to prepare him first. When Ashley comes forward the police are going to question him and I want to make him feel as safe as I can before that happens. If I tell him the plan now, he'll stress about it to the point of a breakdown.