Take A Chance On Me {9}

I shut my locker and looked around for any sign of Eric and the others. Callum had been keeping a watchful eye on me, but he couldn’t be with me 24/7.

                Not seeing them, I hurried out of the hallway and outside to the buses. I basically sprinted onto my bus and crouched down in a seat, peeking out of the window for any sign of Eric. I was absolutely terrified of him shoving me in a locker again. Thank god he didn’t know I was claustrophobic. He’d put me through hell if he had that knowledge.

                I watched as Craig walked towards the bus, laughing happily with his friends. He got on the bus and sat in the back, as far away from me as he could get.

                I continued to peer out of the window in hopes of seeing Callum. But I didn’t even know if he rode a bus, or if he drove himself to school.

                Either way, the bus pulled away from the school without me spotting Callum. I stuck my earphones in and stared out of the window as the bus rolled along down the street, occasionally stopping to drop kids off.

                The bus finally pulled up to my house and I stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I stepped off of the bus and began to walk up the driveway, hearing Craig following behind me, keeping his distance.

                Grabbing the spare key, I unlocked the front door and stepped into the house. Craig followed me, putting the key back and shutting the door as I took my shoes off.

                “You might want to stay in your room.” He said, slipping out of his jacket and hanging it in the front closet.

                “I know.” I said flatly, turning and heading upstairs to my bedroom without another word to Craig.

                I shut my bedroom door and locked it, tossing my stuff on the floor and flopping down on my bed. My thoughts began to drift to Callum.

                Did he have a nice room? Did he have sexy pictures of himself hanging on the walls? Oh EW, why did I even say that? Who has pictures of themselves on the wall?! He isn’t a weirdo. Wait…maybe he is…I really need to get to know that guy better. Not that I have a problem with that and all.

                I shook my head. I really needed to be less creepy sometimes.

                Pulling out my homework, I got to work on it to distract myself. It was a few hours before I heard my mom call that dinner was ready.

                My stomach growled loudly and I sighed and got up, shoving my homework back into my school bag. I left my bedroom and went out to the dining room, sitting down in my usual seat, slightly away from the other three chairs at the table.

                Craig came out and sat down, not looking at me. My parents came out, setting food down and also sitting. We scooped food onto our plates and began to eat in silence.

                “So Craig, how was your day?” My mom asked, smiling at Craig.                

                Craig shrugged. “My day was fine, mom.”

                I reached over the table and grabbed the carton of milk, thirsty. I began to lift it back over to myself, but my dad’s hand shot out and he tore the milk out of my grip, not even bothering to look at me as he did so.

                “Are you thirsty Craig?” He asked after pouring himself a glass. I rolled my eyes. Mature, dad.

                “Yeah.” Craig said, watching as dad poured him a glass of milk. God forbid precious little Craigy hurts himself trying to poor his own freaking milk.