»Prølogüe«

Dedicated to smol_fedora :3 Because Jen is my little precious baby and I love her and so should all of you c:

➖➖➖➖➖

"Pete?" Patrick slowly stood up from his chair, his eyes wide as they scanned my body. "Hi," I smiled, a breathless chuckle leaving me. "Wow uh, hi." He said, walking closer so we were now a metre away from each other. "It's been a while." He mumbled, sadness laced in his words. "Yeah, it has." I nodded.

Even though it's been ten years Patrick still looked the same, except his hair was a little longer and he looked older in a way. But he still had on that damn fedora, it was one of the things I found adorable about him when we were together. "You look so different." He said, his eyes finally looking into my own.

"I can't say the same about you." I smiled small, causing Patrick to chuckle and roll his eyes. "I almost didn't recognize you, y'know without the eyeliner and band shirts. Also your hair is bleach blonde now." He said, his eyes flickering up to my short hair for a second. "Yeah, I really regret that emo phase." I cringed, thinking back to all the money I spent on fucking eyeliner.

"So uh, what have you been doing all these years?" He asked, sitting down on the leather couch. Memories flashed through my mind as I sat down next to him. "I've been good. I moved back here when I was eighteen, then I went to college. I graduated two years ago; business." I said, causing Patrick to nod. "What about you?" I asked.

"After I uh, got out of prison I went to New York for a while. There I just kind of took a break from everything, it really helped. Then I uh, moved back here four years ago." He said with a shrug. "Nice," I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I looked down at my lap, but something caught my eye; Patrick's wedding ring.

I had completely forgotten what Joe had said until now, I was to focused on the fact that Patrick was here that I didn't even process the fact that he had gotten married. "Oh, you're married." I said, poking his ring. A fond smile spread into his face, making a pang of something shoot through me. "Yeah, three years now."

"How'd you meet?" I asked, even thought I didn't really want to know. "We met at the grocery store, we both grabbed a carton of eggs at the same time. Cliche, I now, but I'm happy it happened. I got a beautiful wife and son out of it." He smiled. Son? Did he just fucking say son?

"Oh cool," I forced a smile. "What about you?" Patrick asked, causing me to remember the sleeping man I had left half an hour ago. "I'm engaged." I said, smiling when Mikey popped into my mind. "To who?" Patrick asked. "His name is Mikey." I said, looking at Patrick. "We've been friends for ten years, together for eight, and engaged for one." I chuckled.

Patrick didn't say anything, just nodded again as he stared at the ground. After a couple minutes of and uncomfortable silence I finally spoke up, "I think I should go." I stood up, so did Patrick. "Wait!" Patrick said as I went to the door, surprisingly loud which caused me to jump. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry I just um, wanted your number. Maybe we could hang out sometime?" He suggested. I smiled and nodded, pulling out my phone as Patrick did the same. We handed each other our phones, Patrick putting his number into mine as I did the same to his. "Okay, I'll see you later." I said, handing him his phone as I got mine.

"Bye, Pete."

➖➖➖➖➖
Author's Note:

So this is the prologue, yay! :D

I'm supper excited for this shit, it's going to be LIT

But for real, thank you all for reading and staying with me c: This story is going to be filled with lots of drama dude

Question of the Chapter:
What are your favourite TV shows?

Answer of the Chapter:
Bitch you know obviously American Horror Story, How to Get Away With Murder, The Walking Dead, Bates Motel, The 100, Adventure Time, We Bare Bears, and Criminal Minds fuck

Thanks for reading c: !!