Belief [18]

-edited-

*I got this chapter idea from Girl Meets Belief but it has nothing to do with the episode*

(Mayas pov)

I walk into school on Monday. My eye was a bit discolored but it was mostly healed. First we had History. Today we were talking about 'beliefs'

Matthews was going around the class and having us verbally answer what we believe in. Riley was being perky again but she still hated me. People were talking about relegion and stuff. I didn't really believe in anything. My turn came around.

"Maya what do you believe in?" Asked Matthews for the millionth time.

"Nothing." I replied. I got many stares.

"Nothing? There has to be something." I shake my head. "Try to think of anything." He edges me on. I sigh.

"Myself." I give in. He raises an eyebrow.

"Explain?" He demands.

"Well I believe in myself. People have shown that they'll let you down, you can't put your faith in something that'll just destroy you. So I choose to belive in myself. I know I'll never let myself down." I lied.

I don't belive in anything. I definitely don't belive in myself. Not in the least.

I rest my elbow in huckleberry's desk behind me as I always do and the bell rings. We walk to art. I was angry. I got different colors and brushes and started splattering the paint. In the middle I made a big question mark.

My head begins to pound. Migraine. I calm down and take a few deep breaths. I sneak out an advil from my bag and swallow it with water. I already knew this was going to be a long day.

*lunch*

At lunch, I sat with Missy again. I hadn't told anyone about farkle or Riley or the blocked number, exept Lucas. Speaking of Lucas he approaches me and Missy. Missy gets up and walks away. Lucas takes her seat. My phone dings and I look at it. Lucas looks over at my phone too. Blocked number. I open up the message, not caring if Lucas sees or not.

It says

"How rude of me! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Christina. Kermits daughter. The one he actually wanted." It was his new family.

I had never met her. I didn't know she existed. How'd she know about me?

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I had forgotten Lucas was there.

"I'm okay " I lied, through gritted teeth with my fists cleaned.

(Lucas pov)

"I know you're not and you don't have to pretend to be." I respond. She closes her eyes and locks her phone then puts it back in her bag

"At least I know who it is now." She says.

I wonder if she's plotting some revenge scheme. She knows who but does she know why? What would this 'Christina' person have against her?

Suddenly Billy walked over to us. Billy. He hurt farkle. He (tried to) hurt me. He hurt Maya. He is dead.

No. I calm myself. He sits across from Maya. I look at the both of them, studying their expressions and features. Maya has a calm over her face, Billy looks like hell hit him with a truck. I knew Maya wasn't going to speak first, she'd speak last. Billy looks down and begins

"Is your eye alright?" He asks. Maya scoffs.

"What's it matter to you?" She asks, cooly.

"Listen I don't think Riley was right doing what she did." Billy looks ashamed.