Library [4]

-edited-

(Authors note- the song above is the song from the fanfic)

I walk into the library. I look around for a minute and Brandon isn't there. I don't mind so I pick up my notebook again and try to figure out the song once more. So far all I have are these lyrics

'I'll just smile, and make believe I don't feel a thing. That doesn't work for me.'

I figured out the tune of this song and I started humming but the rest of the lyrics just couldn't come to mind. It was getting frustrating.

I started singing the lyrics as quietly as possible then I let out a frustrated grunt. All of a sudden I hear someone sing

'Oh well, oh well. Guess I'll see you in hell. There's a pretty little picture that's in my head. And I'm starting to dream, changing colors while I sleep. Maybe I'm just wasting time.'

I turn around to see Brandon Rebel standing behind me. The song was Oh Well Oh Well by Mayday Parade. Of course! How could I forget? I loved that song. I notice Brandon, once again, smirking. I have to say he could sing a little. Maybe not I don't know we were in a library. I jot down the lyrics and put 'oh well oh well- Mayday parade' Then I close the book.

"Thanks Brandon. That's been bugging me since lunch." I smile.

"No problem." He says and after an awkward silence of arranging ourselves for the project he says "Wait you're Maya Hart." in a rather shocked voice.

I was a little offended he must have picked up on it

"No no I know who you are I mean..." I cut him off.

"Yes I am Maya Hart. The one and only." I laugh.

Why did he seem so shocked? I'm just me.

"I've seen your paintings in the art room. You've got some talent." I look down and blush a little.

I do have a lot of paintings in the art room I just never expected anyone to notice them. Art is my passion but I never thought I was any good. Riley and Lucas always told me I was but, I guess I never believed them.

"Thanks. I'm not that good though." I paused, my words lingering, "We should start figuring out the project." He looks at me in disbelief and we start our project.

We were 3/4 done and he looks at the time.

"Shouldn't you be getting home?" He asked. I looked over at his phone. It was 6pm. We'd been here for almost 4 hours. God it felt like 10 minutes.

"I think I can stay a while longer but if you have a curfew or something you can go." I say. Most normal people should be home by now but my mom works late and is barely ever home so it wouldn't matter as long as I was home before 10pm.

"Yeah I think I should go. I'll bring home the project. Same time tomorrow?" I agree and he leaves.

I sit for a while longer and then notice Lucas walking in.

(Lucas p.o.v)
I walk into the library and see Maya sitting alone. I walk over to her and take a seat.

"Ranger Rick! How ya doin?" She asks. I laugh off the comment and look at the table. It was stained with marker, pencil , and some scrap paper. She must've been doing a project.

"It's Getting Late. Shouldnt you be on your way home?" I ask of general concern.

My mom and sister were here but Maya was alone. We were in New York City and it gets a dangerous at night. I look back up at Maya and she turns her head to the side.

"You're the 2nd person who said that." She said in a soft voice.

I couldn't help but wonder who the first was. Maya's eyes got very distant. I could tell she was thinking about something I couldn't tell what. Maybe I had upset her. I didn't mean to, if I did. As I was about to say something, my mom walked over.

"Alright Lucas we're gonna go now. Hello Maya." Mom smiled sweetly.

"Hi Mrs. Frair" The distraction left her eyes and voice.

She was back to normal Maya. It was scary. It was scary how she could do that. How she could be falling apart but seem perfectly fine. And it was even more scary no one could tell the difference.

"Maya would you like to join us for dinner?" My mom asked and it surprised me. Not that I didn't mind having Maya with me for a bit longer, it just caught me off guard.

"Oh you don't have to do that." Maya said.

Who in there right mind would turn down free food?

"No I insist" My mom would not take no for an answer so eventually Maya gave in and came to my house. In the car she was humming along to almost every song. I don't know how she does it.

-

After dinner Maya leaves and I sleep.

It was a good day.

I think we all need some more of those.