| Chapter 31 |

Magsimula sa umpisa

I just rolled my eyes in response and continued walking beside her. "So what'd you do this fine summer holiday?" I inquired as we both stared up at our school building.

"Sleep in until four in the afternoon."

I pressed my lips together, holding back a laugh. "Sounds fun."

"Trust me, it was," she muttered, rubbing her eyes. "Hey, isn't that Aiden?" she narrowed her eyes. I followed her gaze until my eyes landed on Aiden, who was leaning against the wall. Beside him was a short, red haired girl who I recognized from one of my classes last year.

"Let's go say hi," I recommended and Charlotte nodded, following me. We mounted the school steps and I watched as Aiden's gaze fell from the girl to us. "Hey, Aiden."

"Daniella." Aiden straightened up and allowed his eyes to examine my face. "How are you?"

"Good, good," I nodded, my eyes falling on Raina — the redhead — beside him. "What'd you do this summer holiday?"

He licked his lips and then sighed, staring up at the sky. "I went on a vacation."

I perked up a bit. "Really? Where?"

"To Canada; my mom's cousins live there."

I nodded. "Did you eat maple syrup?" He tossed me a flat look and I proposed a quiet laugh. "I'm joking, I swear."

He rolled his eyes and glimpsed at Charlotte behind me. "Hey, Charles Dickens."

Charlotte narrowed her eyes at him. "Call me that again one more time. I dare you." Aiden looked scared for a moment there and I chuckled, patting Charlotte's back.

"Poor Charlotte hasn't gotten enough sleep. We have to get going now. Talk to you later!" Aiden sent me a nod as we both walked by and entered the school building. It was milling with a large portion of students, who were either shoving their way through the crowd with frowns etched upon their faces, or greeting their friends.

I, myself, fall into the latter category.

"Beckett!" I practically screeched as I spotted his familiar mop of blond hair. He spun around at the source of noise and searched through the crowd with furrowed eyebrows. Once his gaze landed on me, his lips curved in a smile as I built my way over towards him.

He engulfed me in a hug and I laughed as he lifted me off the ground for a second. "I missed you too, Becky G." He placed me back on the ground with a scowl.

"Stop calling me that," he commanded. I only rolled my eyes as I hooked my thumbs under the straps of my bag. "Did you see any kangaroos over in Australia?"

I sighed. "That was extremely rude of you, Beckett."

He quirked an eyebrow. "How so?" I just rolled my eyes as he ruffled up my hair, messing it in the very process. His gaze landed on Charlotte behind me and he offered her a smile.

"Hey, Charlotte."

"Hey," she greeted him with a smile of her one.

"So how's Christopher?" Beckett asked me, his eyes flickering back to me.

I smiled slightly at the mention of him. "He's good." I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss him. I still miss him a lot.

Christopher and I still called frequently, but not as much as one might think we do. He was busy and I was busy with senior year, too. But we'd still text, even though most of the times, he'd make a rude remark.

But he wouldn't be Christopher if he didn't, am I right?

I remember showing a few pictures of him on my camera to Charlotte and she would mutter, "Look at him, just look at him. I just want to eat him. You were so lucky, Dani."

And she was right. I was lucky. I was very lucky to be living with somebody like him.

It's a shame I didn't cherish it.

But the past is in the past; I should focus on my school year instead of moping over a boy who probably doesn't like me back.

Beckett nodded, pulling me out of my reverie. "Show me your schedule."

After comparing our schedules, the bell rang and I hastily made my way over towards my first class. A few people greeted me along the way and I handed them a smile as I sat at the back of the class. Soon, the class was full of dejected students, and an empty spot remained beside me.

I didn't think too much into it as our teacher entered the classroom and greeted us. Halfway through her lecture, a loud knock on the door sounded across the classroom. With a sigh, the teacher headed over towards the door and opened it to reveal a tall guy.

"You're the new student?" our teacher asked him and he nodded as his hazel eyes roamed around the classroom. "Welcome to our school. You can sit at the back beside Daniella."

"Who's Daniella?" he asked and I awkwardly raised my hand in the air. He nodded and headed over towards me, dropping his school bag on the chair. His black, midnight hair fell atop of his forehead as he looked down at his book.

Once he noticed me staring, he brought up an eyebrow. "Do I have something on my face?"

I sheepishly shook my head. "No. What's your name?"

"Davon," he replied and I nodded. Davon.

"That's an unusual name," I commented and he nodding, as if saying 'tell me about it'. His eyes fell to the necklace around my neck and he quirked an eyebrow.

"Nice necklace," he murmured to himself and I unconsciously clutched it in a protective manner. It was the one Christopher bought me for my birthday.

I promised I'd wear it everyday, didn't I?

"You like the 1975, too?" Davon suddenly asked as he nodded towards my shirt.

I nodded my head shyly. "My friend recently showed me a song of theirs and I began liking them."

"I like them, too. Here, let me recommend you a few songs." I nodded and leaned closer towards him as he scribbled a few words on a piece of paper. He slid it over towards me and I grabbed it, scanning the paper.

"Thanks."

"No problem," he handed me a breathtaking smile as he leaned back in his seat. I smiled back and turned to face the front of the classroom.

Maybe this will be the start of something great.

Maybe.