"I don't know, you tell me," I huffed, jutting my chin upward. Come on, come on...

He didn't say anything for a while, just sat there with a flat look on his face. "Look, Daniella, if you really want to know then—," we were cut off by the sound of a window banging. I resisted the urge to growl in anger and turned to see my mother banging her fists against the window of Christopher's house. She definitely wanted us inside, urgently.

"To be continued," I simpered.

I know it's you, was what I really wanted to say. And I just wanted him to admit it.

You don't like him.

Actually, yes I do.

+ + +

"Just let me sleep," I groaned, burying my face in the pillow. Delina snatched the covers off me, but I just ignored her. I really don't care.

"Come on! I'm bored; you're ugly; let's go!" Delina exclaimed excitedly. I sat upright, fixing my hair.

"Did you just call me ugly?" I stared at her through narrowed eyes.

Delina snorted and motioned to the mirror. "If you just take a look in the mirror, you'll see what I mean." I rolled my tongue over my teeth in annoyance as I crawled off my bed and trudged to the mirror. Okay, maybe Delina was right.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it?" I asked casually, sitting back on my bed.

"Go take a shower; I'm going to wait for you downstairs." And with that, she bounced away and I simply sighed in response, picking at a loose thread. I snatched a few clothes from my closet and lurched towards the bathroom, taking a short shower. Once I finished applying some mascara and lip balm and brushing my wet hair, I bounded down the stairs.

"It's about time," Adam declared dryly as I placed a beanie atop of my soaked hair. I rolled my eyes in response.

"So where are we going?"

"It's Friday," Delina grinned, pushing aside my previous query. I attempted to figure out what she meant while Adam softly hummed to It's Friday by Rebecca Black.

"And?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"School's finally over." Jasmine fell back on the couch and a content sigh escaped her lips. "And since Delina here is bored, we decided to go to the park that's not too far from Chris's house."

I wanted to make a comment about how couples go to parks in order to make out, but refrained from doing so. "Um...okay?" Shrugging, I followed the group outside, which consisted of Adam, Delina, Jasmine, Mason and Christopher. I silently walked down the sidewalk, aside from Adam and Mason, who were speaking among themselves.

I suddenly regretted not drying my hair, since it was immensely cold. "Keep talking, Adam. Someday, I hope you say something intelligent," Delina sighed.

Adam, bearing no good comeback, scowled at her. "S-shut up." Amused, I sped my pace until I reached up to Mason.

"Hey, Mason," I greeted him, wanting to casually sling an arm over his shoulder but backing out at the last second. That'd be way too weird, and he'd probably get creeped out. As if I hadn't already left a creepy impression on him.