As soon as I saw that he wasn't going to budge, I gave up on convincing him altogether. "Okay, sorry for bothering you." With slumped shoulders, I turned on my heels and heard him release a frustrated groan.

"I hate you so much, Daniella!" he called after me. "So much!"

Spinning on my heels, I arched an eyebrow. "Thanks?" I was confused when I noticed Christopher beckoning me over. With whatever energy I had left, I trudged towards him and brought up my eyebrows.

"Hurry up," he muttered, throwing his legs over the seat until they were planted on the accelerator.

"What does this mean?" I asked him.

"It means you either get your arse in here, or you can freeze outside. Your pick," he murmured as he turned the heater on. My lips stretched into a small smile as I rounded the car and slid into the passenger seat.

"Thanks," I told him, shivering slightly. I placed my hands in front of the heater and warmed them.

If Christopher heard me, he didn't bother responding. Rather, he began driving at a normal pace. "Y'know, you're actually a good driver. Not too fast, not too slow. Unlike that one time where you drove faster than the wind," I deadpanned, recalling the memory.

He shrugged his shoulders in response. "Is that a compliment?"

"Uh-huh," I nodded, drawing circles on the window. "So, since we're friends—."

"I thought I was your brother," he mocked after raising both his eyebrows.

I tossed him a flat look. "No, we're friends. As I was saying, I'd like to get to know you better. Is that okay with you?"

"We're not friends," he emphasized. "But whatever," he muttered, shrugging.

"What's your favourite fruit?"

Christopher rubbed his temples, but didn't answer. "Christopher, what's your favourite fruit?" When I saw that he wasn't about to answer, I used a tactic that always worked on people.

"Christopher, what's your favourite fruit? Christopher, what's your favourite fruit? Christopher, what's your favourite fruit? Christopher, what's your favourite—?"

He groaned, effectively cutting me off. "Peach."

I nodded. "Mine's pineapple." He snorted to himself, almost as if he had some sort of inside joke. "Next question—."

"Please stop. I'm trying to focus on driving and your questions are really bothering me," he commanded.

I frowned. "But—."

"But nothing." Lowering myself in my seat, I nodded and stared out the window. At least he took me with him.

Moments afterward, Christopher's car came to a halt in front of an ice cream store, and my eyebrows rose as I trod out of the car and followed him inside. The ice cream store was surprisingly packed with hordes of people, and I found myself gazing around at red booths and antique furniture.

"This is nice," I remarked. "Should I wait for you?"

"You should shut up," he retorted, heading towards the counter. He disappeared behind a door and I found myself making my way towards an empty booth. From here, I could still make out the employees who were dishing out orders to customers. As soon as I noticed Christopher, I had to hold back a loud snort as he slapped a smile on his face.

Oh my god, this is gold.

Snickering, I watched as his eyes flickered to me and I threw him a small wave. He only shook his head at me and I observed him working, occasionally chattering with a few employees. I wanted to order an ice cream cone, but I knew I'd get sicker than I already was.