This time I leave the locker room and I don't turn back. Peyton is the one who can't decide what she wants not me,

It was easy to avoid Peyton for the first part of the day, but of course there is lunch and we sit at the same table. I take my usual spot and keep my eyes on my food.

"Okay." I hear McKenna speak. "Somebody better tell me what the hell is going on. I'm sitting with two people who are looking at their lunches with a depressed look and it's making me feel all sad inside."

I lift my eyes to her. "Just leave it alone."

"Why? I don't even know what I am even leaving alone." Her eyes bounce between the both of us. "Both of you should be beaming with joy right now."

McKenna can never be quiet. "Why?" I shouldn't entertain her, but I do.

"First off, Peyton's hot ass ex-girlfriend lives in the same city as we do. Did I mention she is hot?" McKenna laughs and is the only one laughing. "Then there is Caitlin here who is going on a date with Tyler on Thursday! There is love in the air for all!" McKenna's smile drops quickly. "But for me."

Peyton's eyes look right at and they are shooting daggers. "You are going on a date with Tyler?"

McKenna wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me in. "Yes she is! He asked her this morning. Aren't you happy for her?"

"Thrilled." Peyton clenches her teeth together and lies. "If you guys will excuse me I need to go to the bathroom."

I get up from the table after Peyton leaves the cafeteria. "I have to go too. I'll be right back."

Before McKenna could say anything I took off. I rush out the cafeteria doors. I walk along the hallway trying to figure out where Peyton went. I know she didn't go to the bathroom.

As I walk by a door, I see an arm reach out and pull me in. "What the hell." I whisper.

Peyton stands in the cramped janitor closet right in front of me. "You are going on a date with Tyler? I thought you didn't like him."

A jealous and furious Peyton is a very interesting combo. "It's one date. It's not a big deal. Why do you care?"

"Because you keep lying to my face!" She growls. "You do like him!"

"I do not like him, but maybe I could. At least he is interested in me."

Peyton shoves my shoulder. "That is stupid."

I give her a shove back. "Why? You shouldn't even care."

"It's not nice to lead people on."

"Look who's talking!" I laugh. "You mean it's not nice to make Peyton jealous."

"I'm not jealous." She spits through gritted teeth.

"Great, then this conversation is over." I try to move towards the door but Peyton steps in the way. "What are you doing? Hell, why are we even in here?"

Peyton stays quiet, but her eyes tell me why we are here. It's funny how Peyton saying nothing says it all.

I can tell she isn't going to do anything. She only acts on what she wants when she has an excuse to blame it on. Well thank goodness that for the both of us, I'm willing to sacrifice the consequences.

I take a step forward to close the remaining space between us. I slowly brought my right hand up and cupped her cheek. "This is why you are mad about Tyler."

"I'm not mad." She whispers. "We should go back to lunch."

I nod my head to the door. "After you." Peyton doesn't budge. "If you don't leave, I am going to kiss you." I gave her a stern warning.