Inwardly shuddering, I turned back to face Charlotte as she thrust a bucket of popcorn into my face. Pulling my head away, I snatched the bucket of popcorn from her and made my way towards the theatre, grimacing at the couples making out in the back. Seriously?

"Let's sit at the front," Charlotte offered upon catching my revolted expression. I followed her down the steps and plopped down on a few chairs beside a couple of guys. When I noticed who they were, I whipped around and glared at Charlotte, who innocently munched on her popcorn.

Of course she'd take it upon herself to invite Aiden and Beckett.

Inwardly seething, I glared at the side of her face as she innocently munched on her popcorn and stared at the screen. Letting out a sigh, I lowered myself down in my seat and sought to act inconspicuous. "So..." I began, hearing Aiden clear his throat nosily. "Is that soda?" No, it's bleach.

I noticed that Aiden hadn't replied back, primarily because he was too busy rubbing the back of his neck. "Look..." he scrambled to form a coherent sentence. "Just...just forget about what you heard, okay? In the meantime, I'll try to move on. I don't want things to be awkward—," as if things already aren't awkward "—so please try to erase it from your memory."

"Done," I snapped my fingers together. "Completely forgot about it. It's done, it's over. Gone. Removed." By now, I was already halfway through the state of picturing somebody stabbing me in the eye. God, it was exactly like word vomit. A bad case of word vomit, really.

Aiden flashed me an odd look and I quickly shoved a fistful of popcorn into my mouth in order to stop myself from talking. I was reasonably convinced that upon hearing that, Aiden shook his head in disbelief and wondered why he harbored a crush on a girl like me.

Though, when I glanced over at him, he was too engrossed in The Wedding Ringer and I emitted an euphoric sigh of relief before glancing over his broad shoulders at Beckett- who was texting somebody on his phone.

Shaking my head, I continued watching The Wedding Ringer, occasionally letting out hoots of laughter. Soon, the movie had finished and people began piling out of the theatre. I began mentally cheering as the couples - who were too busy making babies rather than paying attention to the movie - exited the theatre.

Collecting my things, I trudged after Charlotte towards the exit. "Maybe we should watch some other movie?" she offered.

"You guys can go ahead," Beckett backed away with his eyes glued to his phone. "I'll see you guys later." And with that, he spun on his heels and worked his way towards his car.

Aiden scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I have to go, too. See you around." He turned and started walking away from us.

Meanwhile, Charlotte was already making her journey back to my car and I coursed out a deep sigh before rushing towards my car and climbing inside. I drove Charlotte back to her house and flashed her a toothy smile as she cast me a wave.

Then, I drove back to our house and pursed my lips once our decent sized house came into view. Have no fear, humidity is here, I thought as I stepped out of the car and was promptly met with a blast of hot wind. I hurriedly made my way into the living room and frowned as I spotted my mother and father seated on the couch with solemn expressions on their faces.