chapter 15

• Dedicated to Evie

I sat down in the middle of nowhere, out of breath from running. I thought to myself why did I let it get to this? How has it got so bad? Who was next? Where shall I go now? What does he want with me? I'm just a 19 year old girl who everyone hates. If people just listened to me maybe it wouldn't of got to this......suddenly I saw him again the vision was blurred and short but I could just about make out, he was in the forest waiting, and then it was gone, the vision. I came back to sitting down in the middle of nowhere...clue-less.

I was running because I saw him. I saw him in real life right in front of me. He headed towards me starting to run, my heart started beating really fast as I ran away.

I couldn’t sleep in the forest anymore I was too frightened. So I decided to move onto the street. I was slouched in the corner near the bank. I sat there in a dirty blue blanket it was about 6pm and getting dark. I was laying face into my blanket shivering

“Lottie...” I familiar voice said in astonishment. I lifted my head slowly trying not to show my disgusting face. Standing right in front of me was 2 huge feet connected to 2 long legs and a comforting beautiful green eyes and brown hair towering over me. Staring at me like I was a funfair attraction. Like I was a disgrace.

“M-Max” I gasped speechlessly

“You-you look a mess” he spoke concerned “what happened?”

Tears trickled down my face I didn’t know what to say all I could feel is a huge explode of relief

“Lottie I am sorry I was the selfish one I didn’t consider you I was wrong I'm sorry”

A few second past

 “Lottie pleases” he begged “look at me”

I looked up at him regretting what I was just about to do...say.

“You left me Max” I finally spoke

“Lottie-” he butted in

“No max let me speak” I suddenly found some confidence to stand up for myself “I have been through so much. I have watched my family die; my house had fire in case you didn’t know. Then it was just me and my dad it got worse he got cancer and-”I stopped before I started literally screaming in pain at him. I took a deep breath and carried on

“He died… my gran doesn’t what to know me, not one soul came to the funeral except me. I have no house no one and you the only person I could trust in the whole world, now hates me and everything, everything is my fault” I had wound myself by then with tears.

Max sat down next to me

“It’s not your fault you can’t blame yourself for this” he told me. Tears were still falling down my cheek but now they were tears of relief, I had waited so long for someone to say that to me.

“I am sorry Max” I apologised

“No Lottie I'm sorry”

“No should not of expected you to be there for me all the time, you had your own things to do and I was the selfish one I'm sorry” I pleaded to max

“I'm sorry I should have been there for you, and I said some things I'm not proud of I'm sorry for that too”

Max was sitting so close by now

“Why are you on the street? Did your parents not leave you money?”

“They didn’t write a will as they are so young, I don’t get any of it”

He put his arm around me. I could feel the warmth I had missed…His forgiveness made me cry, happy tears.

“Come on” he said lifting me up in his arms“You are coming back to my house”

I had no energy left from crying and arguing. He carried me all the way back to his house.

“Oh my gosh Lottie what happened to you” Maxes mum said.

“Not now mum she need to rest” Max told her

He carried me into his room and tucked me into his very large bed.

I could hear max explain to his mum what happened. It sounds strange to hear all that about me it reminds me how bad my life really has been, it’s hard for me to believe that’s me.

“Are you going to sleep on the sofa tonight” maxes mum said sarcastically

“Yes mum” he replied in an irritated voice “night”.