Chapter 4

I decided to ignore the vision because it’s probably one of Max’s mind changes. He still had not told me what he wanted to tell me but I'm sure he will bring it up again. Besides I had better things to think about than his decision making. I could not get Max out of my head, that weird feeling that I had never felt before was puzzling me.

Max had invited me into town but I said no, because I wasn’t in the mood for people staring at me. So he just came round my house instead. We were listening to random music, and a slow song came on. Max and I had both done this dance in school when we were younger unfortunately we had different partners. Max was thinking the same thing because he slowly put his hand out to dance. I took his hand and we started dancing to the song. It got to the part where the man lowers the lady and kisses her, so Max lowered me and whispered into my ear “Where did I meet such an incredible young lady?” This just made me blush. After that kind of whisper he pulled me close and there it went again, the little shiver. The song ended so I gave him a hug to say thanks and he hugged me back.

As I sat down the words he whispered to me were buzzing around in my head as if looking for an answer but the only thing is that, this was not the type of question one would hope to be answered!

Monday

Max and I went back to collage on Monday. I hated it purely because I got bullied mostly every day.

“Charlotte Green.” Mr Holland called

“Yes sir.” I replied quietly hoping no one would notice. Why would I ever think no one would notice, that’s a ridiculous assumption…

“Sir you called her name wrong, she’s the freak!” yelled Elisha from the back of the room. 

I just turned around and ignored her.

Elisha is like the leader of all the popular girls. I hate her. She had blond hair and wore loads of make-up. She is the most horrible person I have ever met.

“What’s the matter, too scared to turn around just in case you had a  blip while you do it!” she continued making everyone laugh at me.

“Listen to me freak, why are you ignoring me?!”

 In that second the bell went I launched myself out of my seat stormed out of class and ran into the toilets. I sat down in the corner and burst into tears. I didn’t know how much longer I could take this, it was getting worse by the day. As I sat there with tears trickling down my face I could hear Max calling me from the outside, begging me to come and talk to him. I was too upset to speak.

Around ten minutes later I came out. Max was sitting there waiting, he got up and gently put his arms around me for support while quietly saying “It will be alright”. We were walking alone along the corridor, only to bump into Elisha and her gang of show-offs.

“Oh look, there’s the freaks” she told her allies. “How are the eyes today, are they going to get any brighter?”

I just carried on walking.

“Oh Lottie I wanted to ask you, when are going to have your next blip because I want to make sure I'm as far away as possible, just in case you freak out, so just let me know ok?” Elisha said like she was talking to me like I was her friend.

That was the last straw; I ran out of collage in distraught, down the road back home and locked myself in my room. Max was behind me. No one in my family was home and this was a good thing because they did not know about this bullying thing even though It had happened all my life, and they were not going to find out now! Max was outside my house shouting but I only faintly heard him because I went into a vision. 

In the vision, I was standing outside my house shouting and then a big splash with varying shades of yellow and orange hit me. This was a very peculiar vision. It was not normal. I continued sitting there thinking about it for a while and then I let Max in.

“Look at you, you look like a mess, come here,” said Max sensitively.

He held his arms out and I went running into them. Then he wiped my face with a tissue as my make-up had run.

“Thanks” I finally said to Max.

“What for?” Max asked.

“Being there for me”

“That’s what I’m here for.”

“But still thanks.”

I was truly grateful to have Max as a friend and I don’t think I tell him enough. Max started talking but I didn’t hear a word because I had a vision again. It was the same one as before, someone; something was trying to tell me something!