chapter 8

I had been getting the vision about the man over and over and then the fire vision. All I had seen that day is visions so much so I hadn’t been able to get out of bed as I couldn’t see. I hadn’t spoken or seen max for a week. I got up and walked to my wardrobe then had the fire vision I saw me wearing exactly what I had in my hand and just about to put on. The future was coming closer. I ran down to the living room where everyone was sitting.

“Everyone I think we should all go round grans for a few days just in case” I announced

“No Lottie not going to happen.” Dad mumbled

“Please Dad I need to know you are all ok”

“We are all fine now go away”

“Lottie honey I made you a sandwich for lunch” mum said

“I don’t want it ….but thanks”

I was 100% sure this was going to happen today… I knew it was going to happen today and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

The day pasted and I walked into the kitchen and mum was cooking.

“MUM what are you doing” I yelled

“Cooking dear” mum replied like I was asking a stupid question

“No turn it off”

“Why Lottie”

“It can cause a fire”

I could tell I was paranoid but seeing your house burn down is a pretty good reason. I took the wooden spoon out of her hand and turned off the hob.

“Lottie why are you doing this”

“Doing what? Mum is going to happen I’ve seen it”

It was 7pm and I hadn’t eaten anything all day. I decided if I couldn’t prevent this from happening then I could help stop it while it’s happening. So I sat down, on the green carpet next to the phone for hours. Eventually I fell asleep.

Beep beep beep beep beep I woke up to the fire alarm with the smell of smoke. I quickly hurled myself up and grabbed the phone. I started desperately running through the room coughing. I could feel my heart thumping at a fast rate, I was so scared. The house was Smokey, as I was running the phone slipped out of my hand! There was smoke everywhere I couldn’t see where it was so I had to carry on, try to get out. I started screaming “mum, jay, dad!!” as I got to the front door. I turned around thinking I can’t just leave them in there. So I ran up the stairs towards jay and my parents rooms.

As I got there I realised the fire was right outside their rooms. Mum was asleep in her room as was Jay; Dad had fallen asleep on the sofa down stairs while he was reading the newspaper. I screamed for them desperately out of breath and coughing. I got no reply from either. I couldn’t get past the flaming fire it was huge and spreading fast. By now I was feeling faint and really hot my head was pounding as of my heart. I had no choice other than to turn around and leave the house. When I got to the front door dad was there waiting for the fire truck.