chapter 10

I still had not been eating much since the fire I was just sad and depressed all the time it’s like my heart aching all the time.

We were in the car on the way to the hospital. I was really worried about dad he had been acting weird all day. I think he’s just scared about why they called him back.

It felt strange not being in the car with my whole family normally we are really squashed together because there was 4 or as all trying to fit into one tiny blue car. The car didn’t have its “homely” feeling. I was expecting to get a vision about what was about to happen at the hospital but I got nothing.

We were in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to come and tell us what’s going on.

Being at the hospital was depressing as I had been stuck in there for 3 days and don’t want to spend another second in it.

The doctor came through the white door and asked

“Paul Green, can you come through please”

Dad got up and walked into the office. I stayed outside and waited for him to come back out. The waiting room was silent and I was feeling really nervous. Dad waked out with a shocked look on his face.

“Dad what’s wrong, you look-“

I stopped because I didn’t really know what to say.

“Lottie” he began sitting down

“Sit down”

I sat back down on the uncomfortable chair next to him.

“I have something to tell you, I have cancer….I have had it for a while without knowing…its spread fast” he told me. I put my face in my hands and screamed I couldn’t see or do anything as my eyes were filled with tears or fear.

“Lottie look at me”

I didn’t move

“I can get through this” I told me

“How bad is it” I managed to push out those words.

“Stage 4” he replied

I knew that wasn’t good

“I-I... Have 6 months to live”

Every horrible feeling threw its self at me. I felt like I was going to be sick.

“I'm so sorry Lottie” he said as I flipped in despair.

“How am I going to live without you, I will have no one”

“You will have gran”

“NO I WONT SHE HATES ME”

I felt so alone.