Chapter 36 - The Jewel orders a flight.

Start from the beginning

The dragon unfolded his wings and they took off from the ground. Jay heard Claire screaming behind him and Broudie yelling about how cool this was in front.

The dragon squawked like a bird as it reached the height it wanted.

The creature stretched his neck outwards and then began to flap its wings. They soared through the air, rising and descending slightly as the monster flapped. Not a pleasant feeling at first, but very beautiful once you got used to the whole seesaw effect.

Jay looked down and could see the whole of the island they were on, plus the little island they’d landed on, and loads more. They were already crossing the sea, the pacific, if Jay had studied right in class.

“What if they see us?” Jordan called from behind him.

“Who?” Hecate questioned.

“Humans,” he replied.

“Invisible, even to the invisible,” Hecate told.

“Wow, how can she do that?” Jay asked Hollie in front of him.

“She’s a goddess, and not only that she’s the goddess of magic, if you‘d forgot!” Hollie shouted back in a what-a-stupid-question sort of tone.

“Well if she can do it, why cant we? She could teach it to us,” Jay suggested.

“Doubt it,” Hollie answered.

“Why.” Jay pondered.

“Because that’s one of the lost spells.”

“Lost spells?”

“There are a list of lost spells and forbidden ones. The lost ones Hecate never taught, the forbidden ones are just, forbidden. Haven’t I told you this already?” Hollie finished.

“Yeah, it rings a bell now. She burned all the spells, right?”

“Did I tell you how good at ancient Greek you lot are?” Hecate shouted from up front.

“What do you mean?” Jay asked.

“Well you’ve had a very in depth conversation with me,” Hecate replied.

“Have we?” Claire questioned.

“You’re speaking Greek now. It’s quite amazing,” Hecate informed.

“I’m speaking English,” Jay stated.

“No, you think you are,” Jordan corrected.

“What?”

“You think you’re speaking English but you’re speaking ancient Greek. The ring gives you that power, like it gives you magic and some sort of hidden knowledge about Greek mythology,” Broudie said.