(three)

Remember how I mentioned that Darryl really liked to take his frustrations out on me? Well that's what I was expecting to happen when he had me come over that night to work on our math homework together.

But that didn't happen. He actually did want help on his math homework.

I found that so odd seeing as Darryl gets stellar grades in basically all of his classes. All but math. And me being his nerdy girlfriend, I guess he was taking advantage of that.

And once again, I was so naïve and didn't think anything besides math homework would be happening that night.

About halfway through our homework, Darryl decided to raid his parents liquor cabinet. Okay wrong terminology. It was a damn walk in closet filled with a variety of alcohol.

Darryl walked out holding a 26er of Bacardi. Oh god this was not going to end well.

"Uh, what are you doing Darryl?" I asked, cautiously.

"Math is SO boring Olivia; I'm just trying to make it more fun for us." And with that, he poured two cups of Bacardi and coke for us. Oh, he was expecting me to drink too. At 8pm on a school night. Lovely.

"No thanks" I dismissed the drink.

"Oh COME ON OLIVIA" Darryl raised his voice at me. Oh god.

"Darryl I- "

"You are so fucking boring Olivia! I honestly wonder sometimes why I am even with you." That caused my heart to shatter a little bit and for my throat to tighten as well.

"So do I." I barely got out. My voice was shaky as hell and all I wanted was to go home.

I gathered up my things, put them in my bag and began walking to the front door.

"Liv! Olivia wait, come back! I'm sorry okay!" Darryl called after me but I just kept walking. I couldn't keep playing his games. Corey's word kept repeating themselves in my head.

'You don't deserve this shit, you got me?'

I reached out to open the door when I was snatched and literally thrown into the wall beside the front door causing me to cry out at the sudden pain in my back.

"I try to apologize to you and THAT is how you act? You're fucking unbelievable. Making me feel sorry for you when YOU pushed me in the first place." Darryl was seething, and basically pressing into me, making it hard to breathe.

"D-Darryl" I gasped and he covered my mouth with his hand.

"Not this time Liv honey. I'm taking what is rightfully mine."

Before I could even register what was happening, he lifted me over his shoulder and carried me up to his room. I was thrashing away on his shoulder, my eyes wide as fear coursed through my veins.

He wasn't going to do what I think he was going to do, right?

Wrong.

. . .

I could not believe him.

How could he do this to me?

I was willing to look past all the hitting and the bruises he left all over my body. The things he would say to me when he was drunk. The time he forgot my birthday. The numerous times he would flirt with other girls right in front of me.

But this, this I could never forgive him for.

He raped me.

I had to get the hell out of here. Darryl was completely passed out. I hope he has the absolute worst hangover ever tomorrow.

I sighed and snuck out of Darryl's room.

I found my backpack at the bottom of the stairs. Darryl's homework was still on the kitchen table. Being the lame geek I am, I took his homework and ripped it all to shreds. It was due tomorrow morning and math was our first class.

Good luck with that one, rapist.

Quickly and quietly I got the hell out of Darryl's house. In all that transpired I couldn't help but be curious as to where on Earth his parents were?

I dismissed the thought as soon as I realized I didn't know how the hell I was getting home.

Oh god I would have to take the bus. I didn't mean that as in "Oh god I'm a snobby rich brat who would never be caught dead on a public bus". It was more of a "Oh god it's 11:30 at night, I don't want to take the bus because I have already been raped once tonight" kind of statement.

But it was either take a sketchy bus ride for ten to fifteen minutes, or walk in the dark and down some very sketchy streets for over an hour.

Bus ride it is.

Again, I've never been too smart with my decisions.