(eight)

It took a lot of convincing, but I managed to get Corey to come over to my house. If he was really serious about me, he'd have to prove it.

Luckily enough, Lucy had today off and my parents were still god knows where.

Corey had me ditch gym class. I know, I know, I promised Lucy I wouldn't skip classes but come on, does gym really count? This made it easier to not get spotted by Darryl. Darryl doesn't skip class. But he took the liberty of blowing up my phone with more voicemails. His voice cracked a couple times, I guess that was his way of not yelling at me. Not because he was serious about working on his anger. But because he was most likely still at school and if any of his peers overheard and found out, people would realize that I was in fact right.

The bus ride to my house was absolutely hilarious. For being such a badass, Corey looked rather uncomfortable.

"Aren't you supposed to be rich? You don't have a chauffeur come get you or something?" Corey mocked playfully causing me to roll my eyes.

"Dear god, how do you think my life works exactly?" I giggled causing him to smile.

"Well I thought I had you figured out but now I'm not so sure." He muttered, I couldn't tell if he was joking or not but I just dropped it.

"So I was thinking once we get to my house we could get started on the biology assignment that was handed out today..." I trailed off, waiting to see the look on Corey's face.

He looked at me as if I had three heads, causing me to laugh. "Just kidding. Honestly, I just want to eat some junk food and watch some movies or something"

"That sounds great babe, I knew there was a reason I liked you" Corey chuckled while wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I'm not sure why but hearing him say that and the gesture as well caused my heart to... flutter?

I didn't notice all the odd looks we were getting until Corey whispered in my ear about it.

"Is it bad that I don't care?" I whispered back in his ear, a smile broke out on his face. He liked that answer.

"You're coming along nicely Liv" he chuckled causing me to laugh as well. I've never felt more at ease in my life than when I'm in the presence of Corey Taylor. And I can't even explain or describe the feeling.

Listen to me, being cliché again.

. . .

"FINALLY!" Corey yelled out as soon as we got off the bus causing me to laugh.

"Oh come on it wasn't that bad." I rolled my eyes. Corey looked at me astonished.

"Are you kidding!? I've never had so many people look at me in disgust at the same time" Corey chuckled.

"Yeah, well that's rich kids for ya" I did my best Corey impersonation.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Corey asked, eyebrows raised.

"I thought that was obvious" I smirked causing him to laugh.

"Not obvious enough for poor scum like me, so enlighten me." He sounded like he was kidding, but his eyes said otherwise.

His gaze made me uncomfortable so I broke eye contact and decided to change the subject. "So uh, what movies do you like?"

He didn't say anything. Great.

"Corey?" I looked up and his eyes had softened a bit, he looked like he had a lot on his mind.

"I-I didn't mean anything by it C-Corey. I'm sorry" I stuttered. He wasn't gonna hit me, was he?

"Huh? Oh Liv it's not that, sorry I just zoned out for a bit. Why are you so shaky?" he asked.

I was shaky?

"I'm not shaky" I replied, walking towards my house a little faster.

Corey stopped me by grabbing my wrist, making me turn around. He caught me off guard by quickly pressing his lips against mine. He pulled away looking me dead in the eye.

"I don't like it that you're scared of me" he muttered, looking down.

"I'm not scared of you. Just a little intimidated." I answered, lifting his chin up with my finger. His eyes met mine again and he flashed a little cute smile at me.

We made it into my house and I didn't even bother looking at Corey's face. I didn't want to hear any of his sarcastic comments about how huge my house was either.

And thankfully, he left the subject alone.

"So uhm, snacks?" I asked causing him to chuckle and nod. He followed me to the kitchen where we made a kickass platter of nachos and I grabbed a bottle of root beer which earned me a funny look from Corey.

"What? Oh uhm, if you want alcohol I can grab you some..." I mumbled, thinking back to Darryl. Why am I even thinking about him right now?

"You don't have to do that Liv. Root beer is awesome" Corey winked at me, sensing my uncomfortableness. I smiled at him and lead him to my room.

"Whoa your room is awesome" Corey mentions causing me to laugh. I guess it wasn't what he was expecting.

The walls were red and covered in various different band posters and random artwork that I really liked or created myself. There were lots of string lights hanging off of the walls as well. Not the most preppy bedroom in the world.

"Thanks Corey" I spoke as we set everything on my bed side table.

Hours had passed and we were now watching one of my favorite movies: The Breakfast Club.

"They remind me of us" Corey spoke up.

"Who does?" I asked, setting the empty plate back down on my table.

"John and Claire. Jeez Liv, get with the program." Corey smirked causing me to roll my eyes playfully, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing.

"You blush way too easily, but it's cute as hell" Corey whispered in my ear, causing goosebumps to break out due to the suddenness. I looked up at him, there was very little space between us.

I decided to lean into him even closer and kiss him. Corey pulled me so that I was now straddling his lap, and deepening the kiss.

Corey's hands had lifted up the hem of my shirt a bit and his fingers ghosted over my skin, causing goosebumps to form.

After a while, I pulled away looking into Corey's mesmerizing eyes again. He stared at me, watching me, waiting for me to make a move or something.

I let out a sigh of content. This was nice. I hadn't felt at ease with another boy... well ever. With Corey, everything was so different. A good different.

"I really want this to work" Corey spoke, breaking my train of thought.

I couldn't help but smile like an idiot when he said that either. "So do I, Corey"

His smile probably matched mine as I was brought back to the feeling of his lips on mine.

I loved this feeling.

Well, at least I did.

. . .

A/N: Hi there.

I managed to get quite a few reads on this story and I'm amazed honestly that you guys like this thing. So, I'm gonna keep going with this idea. 

Updates should be more frequent seeing as I have finished my first semester of college. Well, I have one more exam in like an hour or so but yeah, I HAVE FINISHED MY FIRST SEMESTER AND DID NOT DROP OUT.

Yet...

But actually, thank you guys for checking this story out and I love your feedback xo

Stay (sic) loves!