(ten)

It was lunch time and I had met up with Emily. Corey decided to ditch school at lunch. I tried not to be sad, oh god I was becoming clingy already. 

Corey kissed me goodbye, rather roughly, and left to go meet up with his friends, who I had just found out were his band mates.

I wonder if I'd ever be able to see them play. I wonder what Corey plays. Or does he sing? Nah he doesn't look like a singer.

"Hellooooo? Earth to Olivia" Emily snapped her fingers in my face. Damn, did I really zone out there?

"Huh?" I asked causing her to chuckle. 

"You miss lover boy already?" she asked, a smirk appearing on her face. 

"Lover boy?" I repeated her words playing dumb. 

"Yeah I saw you and Corey Taylor. You two are all this school has been talking about today. And that's kinda a big deal because it's game day today" Emily explained, causing me to blush a little.

"That's so weird that so many people don't have anything better to talk about" I sighed, picking at my food. 

"Oh I know but face it hun, you're a hot topic right now. You dumped Darryl, the 'top dog' of this school. If guys didn't find you hot before, they do now. And if girls didn't admire you, they do now" Emily chuckled.

"Emily  I seriously doubt that," I chuckled. "anyway, when can we get our hands on some Priest tickets?" I asked causing her to grin.

"After school? Unless you're too busy with a certain Mr Taylor" she smirked causing me to roll my eyes playfully. 

"Oh shut it you, we're getting our tickets!" I cheered causing her to laugh. I liked Emily. This was the start of a beautiful friendship.

. . .

Before I knew it, it was the end of the day. I hadn't seen Corey at all. Don't panic Liv. He can take care of himself. 

I'm also really thankful because I didn't see Darryl either for the rest of the day. But I was dreading going home. My mother and I didn't forget our little altercation that happened this morning. I couldn't get the look that was on Lucy's face out of my mind either. She didn't scold me. She smiled? She looked proud of me. It was kind of weird. Maybe she's as sick of their shit as I am.

I was ripped from my thoughts when suddenly a pair of arms came from behind me and wrapped around my waist, causing me to shriek. 

Then I heard that familiar laugh. "Relax babe, it's just me." That fucker.

"Corey you know I get scared easily!" I turned around a punched him in the shoulder causing him to laugh harder.

"Come on babe, I was just having some fun" he winked causing me to roll my eyes playfully. 

"I didn't think that this was your idea of fun..." I muttered. Corey's eyes widened when he realized the sexual undertone of my sentence. 

He smirked. "Damn Liv, I am loving the real you," he said making me blush. "I'm also digging the sight of you wearing my clothes." 

"What? Corey this Judas Priest shirt is mine" I laughed.

"I know. I'm talking about the flannel shirt that looks like a blanket on you" he laughed. He must have left it at my house! It was comfy as hell.

"Oh well, mine now" I smirked

"Challenge accepted, baby girl" his smirk matched mine at this point. We walked hand in hand to the bus loading zone. 

"So what are you up to tonight?" he asked, swinging our hands carelessly. I smiled at the small gesture. He was too cute.

"Picking up Judas Priest tickets with Emily and then most likely homework. Why, what's up?" I asked.

He studied me for a moment. "You mean to tell me that you're going to go see one of the best metal bands of all time, and you're NOT taking me with you?" he asked, mocking offense. 

I sighed, "Get some friends and some tickets and come with us babe" His expression changed. What the..?

"What did you just call me?" he asked. Shit.

"Uhm, babe?" It came out as more of a question than a statement.

"Just checking," he grinned. "but that sounds like a good plan to me darling." 

. . .

Emily had invited me over to her house after we had picked up our tickets. I paged Lucy to let her know where I was and that I would be home for dinner. It was better this way. To avoid my mother for as long as possible. 

I ended up helping her with her math homework and we watched the Dukes of Hazard. 

"So you invited Corey and his friends to come to Judas Priest with us huh?" Emily asked out of nowhere. 

"Uhm, yeah? That's cool right?" I asked paying more attention to the homework in front of me instead of her. 

"Oh yeah totally. Just uhm, do you know if Jim's gonna be there?" Emily asked, sounding rather hopeful. 

"I don't know, I haven't met his friends yet," then it hit me. "does the big bad Emily have the hots for this Jim guy?" I smirked at her making her blush. Haha hell yeah.

"Hey hey shut up okay. I may or may not have a teeny tiny crush on him." she admitted causing me to shriek happily. 

"Oh god Liv what the hell was that?" she laughed.

"I don't really know," I admitted, laughing along with her. "is Corey really close to Jim?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, they're practically brothers. They're even in a band together" Emily told me. 

"Wow stalker much?" I smirked making her roll her eyes and shove me playfully.

"Oh shut up! Anyway, I can't believe you haven't met Jim yet. You and Corey seem so close" Emily mused.

"Yeah well today was really the first time Corey and I let ourselves be.. ourselves with each other in front of people..." I muttered.

"Oh," Emily paused realizing what I meant. "Olivia, I'm sorry" 

"No no it's fine Emily really. I mean we're so different. I'm known as this goody-goody and he's known as well a badass I guess." 

"Liv please stop with the excuses. You guys are actually so much alike it's ridiculous. I saw you two today and it was the cutest thing ever. And obviously you don't care about the labels of the two of you so why should he? Don't let that be a factor and don't let him think it's a big deal okay?" Emily reassured me making me smile.

"You're right Em. I'm overthinking it. Corey's not that stupid."

Boy was I ever wrong.

. . .

A/N: Hello there loves.

So I am currently sitting in the lobby of this random hotel in Orlando, Florida because apparently check out was at 1pm and my dad is stuck at a business meeting for another two hours so I am sitting here using up the hotel's wifi to watch Friends and update this story apparently. 

Anyway, this chapter was more focused on Olivia and Emily's new found friendship. They are about to become your friendship goals people (SPOILER ALERT). Don't worry things are gonna pick up soon.

Comment and vote you babes. And also, stay (sic).