Chapter Fifteen.

That break time...

"Are you ok Ai-Ai?" Lucy asked with a sweat drop. Aine was staring at the top shelf of her locker with an intense look.

"She can't reach it and won't let us help her." Erza explained.

"Oh..." Lucy said. Aine stood on her tiptoes and reached for a book. She even jumped a little. She couldn't reach it no matter what she did, even though the book was on the edge.

"This is so painful to watch." Levy said.

"Yeah..." The girls said.

"Hey! Do you want help?" Natsu asked. 

"Natsu, I wouldn't." Wendy said.

"What's wrong?" Gray asked. The boys looked at Aine and saw her trying to get her book. She then jumped, but failed again. The boys had their backs to the girls as they snickered quietly. Aine glanced at them with a frown. They suddenly hit the lockers, then hit the ceiling and then back to the floor.

"Ow..." They groaned. The girls laughed at the boys. Aine just huffed as she put her hand on the highest shelf she could reach. She then put her foot on the bottom locker and began to climb the locker. She then reached the top shelf and got her book. After that, she jumped down and the girls all clapped.

"Well done Ai." They all said. Aine shut her locker and sighed. She then looked at the boys who were on the floor.

"That... Hurt..." They said. Aine just turned her back to them as she put her book to her chest. The bell rang and Aine walked off. The girls then followed.

"You boys better hurry up. If you're late, you'll get in trouble." Erza said as she followed the girls. The boys sat up, rubbing their backs/heads.

"Man, that seriously hurt." Sting groaned.

"Yeah, no kidding." Gray groaned.

...

It was 4th lesson. In the Fairy Tail class, they had a free lesson, since Master Makarov was in a meeting, so Gildarts was taking over for the lesson. Everyone pretty much only chatted to their friends.

"So, Ai-Ai, what surprises do you have for us this year for the exceed show?" Lucy asked.

"That's a secret." Aine said.

"Oh, come on. You can tell us, we won't tell anyone~!" Levy smiled.

"Sorry." Aine said. The girls sighed. "But I might show you tomorrow. The exceeds can come to the school tomorrow." Aine said.

"Yay!" Lucy cheered.

"Alright!" Natsu shouted with flames in his hands as he knocked some of the students out.

"Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed.

"I'm all fired up! Don't think that Happy won't beat your exceed Aine!" Natsu shouted.

"Oh? Has Happy got some sort of special trick?" Erza asked.

"Huh?" Natsu asked with his arms down. The flames went out and he had a blank expression.

"Cut it out salamander! Don't think for a second that your little blue fur-ball will beat my Lily! He can grow into a larger size and has great swordsmanship skills!" Gajeel exclaimed.

"I forgot you missed the exceed day last year." Levy said.

"What are you on about?!" Gajeel exclaimed.

"Dust has great archery skills in her normal form." Lucy explained.

"Huh?" Gajeel asked with a blank expression.