Mommy's To Busy

I looked over at the woman who had just called my name. She was a petite young girl who seemed to be mixed, dressed in a huge cardiac and some blue jeans. Holding this envelop under her arm.

I was still straight faced and frowned at her, but decided to answer her. But she spoke before I could.

"Oh my god! It really is you! Am a huge fan of your designs!" She squealed.

"You are?" I arched my brow in suspicion.

"Yes! And I was wondering if you could consider taking the job as becoming Lo'Real's first African American female designer... It's a really huge opportunity for you. If you don't mind? I know I'm probably a strange to you right now, but this could make you famous, your name could become huge." She smiled at me.

I looked over into the cars direction, knowing I was probably taking up all Ken's time, and I knew he was growing impatient.

"Honestly-" she cut me off.

"Here, take this envelope if you change your mind." She said sticking out the envelope at me.

Although hesitant I still took the envelope it had read: Lo'Reals Big Opportunity For You!!!

I looked back up at her, as I gave her a weak smile.

Babyface

I sat back in the drivers seat growing more and more impatient. Toni has been gone for some time now and she knew I hated to wait.

"Daddy is mommy loss?" Aubrey asked from her car seat.

I looked at her from the rear view mirror. "No babygirl, why would you think she got lost?"

"Cuz Aunty Jay said Aunty Alandro got loss coming to get me from her store." Brey explained to me.

"Number 1. Alejandro is not you Aunty. And number 2. He probably saw the police so had no choice but to take another route." I told Brey.

Alejandro was Toni&Janet's gay not to mention illegal alien business partner, he managed their store down in Atlanta but always came to Los Angeles since Toni opened another store here as well. Brey insisted that he was her Aunty though...

"Mommy you no get apple juice?" Brey said as I snapped out my train of thought and noticed Toni enter the car.

I raised an eyebrow at her as she sat next to me. She was empty handed... Apart from some envelope in her hand.

"What took you so long? And what's that?" I asked as I noticed she looked a little confused.

"Ken..." She said as she gave me the folder.

I opened it up and read it. Piece by piece.

******************

"This is amazing babe!" I shouted, as I drove down the busy highway.

"Yeah but Janet.... I'd be leaving her all alone-"

"You could put had in charge of the store. And go for your dreams-"

"Another thing.... It's all the way in New York..." She bit her lip looking at me, then at Aubrey who was fast asleep.

I looked at Aubrey threw the rear view mirror, understanding why.

"I get you..."

"Aubrey needs me 24/7, if we didn't have her... Yet... I would've taken it. But being a mother will always be my number 1 priority." She said, as I placed my hand over her hand.

"Family should always come first, Ken..." She said, reminding me of when she was just 6months along with her pregnancy when I had told her about my business trip.

"Your right." I squeezed her hand. Lifting it up to kiss the palm of it.

****************
Gail

"What do you mean she said she would think about it?" I looked over at Nicole, she was scaring the hell out of me.

"Mom-"

"Don't mom me! You should've tried to convince her in taking it! I was gonna finally be able to be with Kenneth!" She said pissed. "Now, am gonna have to go with plan B..."

"You wouldn't...."

"Oh but I am!" She smirked evilly. I had to worn Toni&Kenneth about this. But how? I looked over at the my laptop, and back at her.

"Am gonna have to get her where it hurts the most..." She grinned.

"By kidnapping their daughter!" I shouted as I shook my head in disbelief. "Not only will you be hurting Toni! But you'll also be hurting Kenneth. And you don't want him with a broken heart, now do you?" I tried convincing her, but she was too hard headed.

"Oh shut up Gail!!" She pushed me out her way. As she grabbed my laptop. "You won't need this." She smirked walking out. As she closed the door behind her. "Shit!" I yelled in frustration.