Wedding Bells P.T2

Babyface

I stood there waiting on Toni to walk threw that door. My mother stood next to me as we watched everyone get settled into their seats, 300 damn guests. I had 150, and Toni had invited 150 as well.

The music started playing. And the flower girls, Andrea and Adeline came walking out with their flower baskets as they threw the rose petals onto the floor.

All the lady's entered until it was time for Toni and her father. The music started playing. And the door opened. When I saw Toni walk threw there, I felt like crying... She looked absolutely magnificent, beautiful! I watched her take each and every step towards me. I smiled when she got closer. I took her hand into mine, as her veil was covering her face. Her father lifted her veil over her head and kissed her cheek, as he went and took his seat next to her mother.

***************
Toni

"Marriage is a relationship where one is always right and the other is the husband." everyone laughed as our pastor Lucas spoke, looking at Kenny. "And now mr Kenneth Brian Edmonds your vows that you have prepared for us."

"Oh yeah." he sighed, breathing heavily as I smiled looking at him. He cleared his throat which was so cute. "My love, you are my treasure and today I take you as my bride. I accept the responsibility to love and protect you while you are in my care and to help you find your life's purposes and talents. You are a precious gift to God and I vow to return you to God, our father, in better condition than that which I found you." my eyes started tearing up. "I promise to invite christ into our marriage, the decisions we made, make and still will make, and the love we share. I will ask God to let me see the love He has for you, so that I can be moved to share in the delight He has for you. You are God's perfect answer to my prayer for a wife and best friend. You are the one with whom I want to serve God, establish a home, and raise a family. I give you my life with the purpose of becoming one with you. Our love will be a union that can only be broken by death. With profound gratitude, I take you, to be my cherished bride and beloved wife." by his last words I was already in so much tears. He came closer to me and wiped my falling tears away.

"Ms Toni Michele Braxton your vows please."

I sniffed. " Your character and integrity have stood out to me from the beginning. In the seven and a half years that I have known you, you have demonstrated nothing but kindness, strength, and compassion towards me. I have never felt so treasured and safe with anyone. I am proud of everything you do and the talents you have, but mostly I am proud of who you are. With humility, and joy I choose you to be my husband. I am thankful that God designed you with me in mind. I promise to respect your ideas, to support your dreams, and back you up as the leader of our home and family. I promise to be your safe place. My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home. I promise to guard my heart from the affections of all others and to have you as my one and only from this day forward. I promise to put you above all other earthly relationships - even our future children, for I know this is God’s perfect plan. You are the one I want to laugh with, cry with, parent with, and be with all the days of my life. Second to knowing Christ as my Savior, you are God’s most amazing gift to me. I am honored and excited to build a home and life with you, my darling, my teammate, and my best friend." We smiled making the perfect eye contact.

"Most people get married believing a myth that marriage is a beautiful box full of all things they have longed for, companionship, intimacy, friendship etc... The truth is, that marriage at the start is an empty box, you must put something in before you can take anything out. There is no love in marriage. There is no romance in marriage, you have to infuse it into your marriage. A couple must learn the art, and form the habit of giving, loving, serving, praising, of keeping the box full. If you take out more than you put in, the box will be empty." Pastor Lucas preached.

"May we have the rings little boy?" pastor Lucas asked Junior as he came over with the pillow case with the rings on, I had to smile at this little cutie.

Kenny picked up my ring as his hands were shaking, and I felt my fingers start shaking as well. Holding the ring at the entrance of my left ring finger. "Repeat after me, I Kenneth Brian Edmonds promise to never keep secrets, hold any grudges, and always protect and be with you, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, until death do us part."

"I Kenneth Brian Edmonds promise to never keep secrets, hold any grudges, and always protect and be with you, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, until death do us part." he repeated as he slid the ring onto my finger.

"Kenny that's the wrong finger!" i had to laugh at him as he slid it onto my middle finger. He hit his forehead, but when he tried to remove the ring it didn't wanna come out. The pastor had to pour some holy water onto my finger to get it off. "Goodness Ken." I said while chuckling.

After it was my turn I slid the ring onto his finger, the right finger. He held my hands as we unterwinded our fingers together.

"Y'all so lustful right now." everyone laughed. "By the power invested in me, I may now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss your bride."

His soft smooth, yummy lips came crashing onto mine, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck, this was our most heated and steamy kiss ever. A brush of lips, a teasing nibble of our teeth, a caress of tongues. Everything was gentle. We pulled back as he lifted me up and carried me out. Kissing as we made our way out, our lips not once leaving one another.

"Congratulations!!!" everyone shouted out loud.

I can't believe we're finally married!