dad finds out

((this is kind of like the whole drama stuff from lexi's perspective [3rd person still], but hope it doesn't confuse anybody! if you're confused, please comment that so i can clear everything up!//if i don't portray anything properly in this chapter, please please please message me so i can fix it, because i don't mean to offend or hurt anyone by not writing about this type of thing properly!))

alexis walked out of the school building briskly, the chill wind blowing her long hair in every other direction. it was only half past noon, but her anxiety was acting up again, and she felt trapped in class; she walked out of chemistry in the middle of the lesson. it wasn't unusual for her to, so her teacher was used to it and knew she just needed time to cool off.

she sat against the brick wall of the school, hugging her knees to her chest. there was very little that she could think about besides the comments people were saying about her. the luke dilemma was subsiding slightly; people were becoming more accepting of her and luke's friendship. however, they still didn't like her, and seemed to only be nicer for luke's well being.

alexis decided that walking home would be the best decision, as she was in no mental state to go back and face the humiliation she feels after walking out of class. alexis stood up and started the rather short journey.

+

dad was home, sleeping on the couch with a half eaten donut lying on his potbelly. there were several empty beers sitting on the coffee table. he was snoring rather loudly, some dribble on his cheek. mom wasn't home, as she hadn't been home since she left on a business trip when alexis was six. nobody really knew that alexis' mom had walked out on her and her father, because alexis kept it a secret; anytime she told someone she needed to "go help her mom" with something, she was lying.

alexis walked past her father's sleeping body and entered the small kitchen. she took a small plastic cup and filled it with some water, chugging it down quickly. alexis didn't let herself eat unless she absolutely had to, and she found that drinking water a lot helped kept her mind off the hunger.

there were dried tears staining her cheeks and her blond hair hung down in front of her face. she ran a shaky hand through her hair, taking a quivering breath as she felt more tears coming up. all of the hate she had been receiving lately had done nothing to her already crumbling self confidence. alexis had felt the days going by faster and faster recently, as she spent most of the 24 hours each day crying with her mind in another world.

alexis swallowed hard on nothing in particular, just to clear the lump in her throat, and climbed a narrow stairway up to her tiny bedroom. she felt as though she were about to cry; her breaths became shakier and shakier as she climbed higher.

the snoring from the living room stopped.

"alexis?" dad's deep voice boomed through the house. he sounded mad, though, alexis could not remember what she could've done wrong. besides absolutely everything, she thought to herself.

she took a deep breath before replying.

"yes?" she called out from the top of the stairs. her voice cracked, but she didn't really care anymore.

"why the fuck are you home from school?" his voice indicated that he was closer to alexis than he was before; loud footsteps pounded on the creaking floorboards. "you should be at school for another 3 hours!"

"i wasn't feeling well," alexis said. physically, no, but mentally, yes.

"you should have at least called me! i doubt you're even sick; you've lied to me before," her father said. he was now standing at the bottom of the stairs.