Chapter 9

A few days later... I have tried out all the jobs and I have to go to a gathering before breakfast to see what job I get. I still really wanna be a runner, and I plan on telling them that at the gathering.

Newt wakes me up and tells me to get ready and go straight to the gathering. So I get up and change into my last outfit of clothes that was sent up here with me: white tank top, dark purple button up shirt overtop (unbuttoned), light wash ripped skinny jeans (DON'T JUDGE ME), boots. The jeans were surprisingly comfortable, but if I was a runner I could only wear them on my days off. I get dressed and put my hair in a high pony-tail and head to the gathering.

At the gathering there is one chair in the middle and all the keepers, Alby, and Newt are stood in front of it. "Have a seat greenie." Alby says to me pointing at the chair. I sit down and impatiently wait to hear what job I got.
"This gathering has officially started!" Alby yelled over the chatter of the others. "Will the keepers of (Y/N)s jobs please step forward."
'Wait, jobs?'  Then Zart and Frypan stepped forward. I raised my eyebrows confused as to why they both stepped forward, I thought you only had one job? "Let me explain greenie..." Alby started, "You did so well in these two jobs that you get to do them both."
Still slightly confused I asked, "Okay, but how will that work?"
"One day you'll work with me in the kitchen." Frypan said. "And the next you'll work with me in the gardens." Zart said.
"Alright that makes a lot more sense." I said smiling at them.
"So today you'll be with me, and tomorrow you'll be with Zart, and so on." Frypan clarified smiling back. "Got it."
"Great. This gathering is over!" Alby yelled at us.
"Hey fry, I'll be in there in a few minutes." I need to talk to Alby about being a runner.
"Okay girlie, don't take too long." He replied running off to the kitchen.

I waited for everyone to leave and now it was just me and him. "What's up greenie?" Alby asked noticing I was still there.
"I wanted to talk to you about my job."
"Alright, what about it?"
"I wanna be a runner."
"No."
"What?! why not?"
"It's very dangerous and takes a lot of work, you wouldn't wanna be a runner."
"Well at least let me try. I might even be better than Minho."
"My final answer is no, now go get to work."
I rolled my eyes and left to start cooking breakfast.

'No. Yeah we'll see about that.'  I am determined to be a runner.

2 days... I have been begging this guy for 2 shucking days and he still refuses to let me even try! But I don't give up that easily. And now everyone knows I want to be a runner, because me and Alby had an argument about it at the end of dinner and the whole glade heard us. Minho, Newt, and Chuck are all saying I can't because it's to dangerous... blah blah blah. I don't care I still wanna be a runner.

But then what everyone thought would never happen, happened. HE SAID YES! This shuck-face we call Alby said that tomorrow Minho could se if I was capable, and train me if I was. I couldn't believe it, he was actually letting me do this! I went to bed early tonight, I'll need all my strength. Tomorrow I have to do better than my best, I HAVE to be a runner!

Newts P.O.V.

I can't believe Alby actually agreed to let her do this. I really hope Minho says she's not good enough, I know that will crush her... but if anything happened to her I don't know what I would do with myself. Ever since she came here I've been so much happier. I love seeing her everyday... her smile, her laugh, her (H/L) (H/C) hair, those piercing (E/C) eyes... I think I love this girl.

A/N: So I finally changed up the P.O.V. and BAM Newt practically confessed his feelings for you. But will he tell you? Mayyyyyybe not in the next chapter, but soon. Or will she tell him first? I actually don't know which I want to happen, so we'll just wait and see.
I hope you guys liked this chapter! Bye bye!