Chapter 8

Someone was shaking my shoulders, only half awake and wanting more sleep I said, "Go away and let me sleep." Then I turned my back to him and closed my eyes again.
"Fine, if you wanna stay in here then I'll leave." I heard someone say, I recognized that voice though... Alby! He was the one going to come and get me out. "Wait! Alby don't go, let me out."
"Come on greenie let's go get some breakfast." He said while laughing and helped me get out.

We walked to the kitchen and on the way there he gave me a speech and told me to stay out of trouble. I got my food and sat down next to chuck who was already sitting at a table alone. "What's up Chuck?" I asked sitting down.
"Oh hey, glad you're out of the slammer." Chuck said happily.
"Yeah me too." I said smiling at him, then Newt came and sat down next to me.
"Morning greenie." Newt said taking his seat next to me.
"Morning Newt." I said giving him a small grin. God I really missed him last night.
"So tell us about your night in the slammer." Newt said.
"It was extremely boring and that had to be the worst nights sleep I have ever had." They both chuckled at my answer, but it was the truth.
"That's why you don't go around beating up people." Chuck said.
"I didn't beat anybody up!" I said defensively.
"Anyway green bean, today you're working as a medjack and a track-hoe." Newt said changing the subject.
"Great, I get to listen to the gladers whine half the day, and then stand in the hot sun the other half."
"Oh quit your complaining."
"At least I get to work with you later, that's something I get to look forward to." I whispered to Newt so only he could hear me. Then I started to remember the dream I had last night, I replayed the kiss in my head and then snapped out of it. I looked over at Newt and his cheeks were a very light pink, from a distance you wouldn't even notice.
"So are you guys ready to get to work?" Chuck asked.
"Yep, see you two at lunch." I said quickly and ran off before Newt could walk me to the medjacks, if he was even going to. But after what I just said and making him blush, I really didn't want him to anyway.

Working as a medjack wasn't that hard, but it's not the job for me. According to Clint and Jeff, I wasn't gentle enough with them, which was true.

Finally lunch time rolled around and I got my food and sat in my usual spot. Chuck and Newt soon joined me. We talked and joked like usual, me and Newt acted like I never said anything this morning.

Lunch was over and Newt asked me, "You ready green bean?"
"Yep." I replied popping the 'p'. We walked over to the gardens and Zart was really busy with something, so Newt showed me how to do everything. I finally got the hang of it and every now and then me and Newt made small talk. It wasn't really awkward, but Newt looked like he wanted to ask or tell me something, maybe I'm seeing things.

About an hour later he called for a 10 minute break. We were sitting in the grass talking about nothing in particular and I was ripping up grass. he still looked like he wanted to ask or tell me something, it was killing me I had to ask. "Newton, what's on your mind?"
He looked at me a little confused, "What do you mean?"
"What I mean is that ever since we came over here you've been lost in thought, and when we would talk you looked like you wanted to ask or tell me something. Now what is it?"
He looks a little shocked at what I said. "How did you know?"
"Magic, now spill it."
"I-It's nothing."
"Liar."
He sighs in defeat, "Fine. I was wondering why you would be looking forward to seeing me." When he finished talking he looked me right in the eyes. 'Because I have a crush on you!'  "Because I looked forward to seeing the best person in the glade, who just so happens to be a good friend of mine." I say to him smiling big.
He smiles back and says, "Okay, we need to get back to work."

We worked until it was time for dinner and we all sat in our usual spots. Minho and Ben asked me about the fight and slammer since they wasn't here at breakfast. Dinner was over and now it's time for bed, and time for mine and Newts argument about who sleeps in the floor. We agreed to take turns. So tonight I sleep in the floor, then tomorrow he will and so on.
"Night green bean."
"Goodnight Newtie."  'Hopefully this will be a dreamless sleep.'

A/N: So guys guess what... I'm sick! Yeah I just have a cold, so that's why this chapter is pretty bad because I felt horrible when I wrote this, but I didn't wanna miss an update. So I hope you guys liked it anyway. And as always, I will see you in the next chapter, bye bye!