Chapter Twenty-One

Austin:

We arrived the supermarket's parking lot and I got out of the car and opened the door for Lauren and Sarah. "Oh, don't you dare stealing my girl" Alex said confronting me playfully and pushing his chest out in my direction. "You're only mad because you know I could do it with the snap of my fingers" I replied confronting him back. Since I was way taller than him, it was kinda funny to see us standing next to each other. I remember wanting to be 6 foot tall and I was already 5'9. "Stop this you two" Sarah said holding Alex's hand and pushing him in her direction. He said he was fighting for her honor and I noticed that Lauren laughed quietly at the sweetest way possible. I could listen to her laugh day and night and never get tired of it.

The girls got the carts and I said that I could carry Lauren's one and Alex did the same with Sarah. Lauren thanked with a soft kiss in my left cheek and I can't express how much I wanted to turn my face in that moment and feel her warm lips pressed against mine. We kept walking at the supermarket but it was so boring. They were getting what we were going to need and me and Alex were just pushing our carts.

"Get inside," I said to Lauren before getting a strange look from her. "Please, it will be fun" I repeated trying to convince her.

"Are we aloud to do this?" Lauren said, probably already accepting the idea. I explained to her a million times that me and Alex did that all the time. She looked so focused at me, trying to think if it was a good idea. "Well, who cares?" she said to me lifting her shoulders. She tried once to get inside but she couldn't so asked if she needed any help. She insisted a little more so I surprised her by grabbing her waist and putting her inside the cart.

"I could've done it by myself Austin... Thanks anyway"

I leaned in her direction and gave her a soft and quick kiss. Sarah said that no way she would do it because she was wearing a dress, but I knew that it was just an excuse. Lauren looked extremelly happy inside the cart, putting her hands up in the air and smiling. When getting to the cashier, the guy that was working asked how much she cost. "She's still not on sale" I said laughing while she got embarassed. Her cheeks turned pink while she went out of the cart.

Hailey:

After Lauren left, I stayed by myself at the room just thinking about what I've had told her before. I wasn't sure yet if it was the right thing to do, specially because I know how much it hurted her and how much she cared about it.

"I haven't made up that rumour, it was Vanessa"

These words kept repeating in my mind. I haven't done that to hurt anyone. I was only helping her by covering her, she told me it was the right thing to do and I trusted on her way too much to just not agree. I was helping out a friend, but deep inside, I know I had done the right thing. I got outside the room and saw Robert on the balcony with that girl named Lisa. He was smiling and they were laughing, so I thought it wasn't a good idea to interrupt both. Looking at the other side, I saw Vanessa sitting by herself in the couch, so I went there to join her. I sat next to her and when she stared at me, I smiled at her and like always, she just looked back at her phone.

"Is Robert trying to date that girl?" I asked Vanessa pointing quickly at them. "I don't know" she said, looking back at her phone. "I think he deserves a girlfr--" I was saying when Vanessa cutted me roughly. "Don't you see that I'm busy Hailey? Ugh, stop talking."

She was just being honest. There was nothing wrong about it, and besides, she had always been my friend and supported me. I just looked to the other side, trying to hold myself back. It wasn't the right thing to do, and I knew it. She finally stopped texting and turned to me.

"I'm so glad Mathew is coming tomorrow, this place is finally gonna get fun" she said throwing her words like they meant nothing. "Van... Do you like him?" I asked, backing up a little.

"Why would you think that?"

I took a deep breath while she stared at me curious. "Maybe because you are always talking to him or talking about him. I don't know, you might not--" I was saying when she interrupted me. "I think so, I don't care really. We're hanging out and having fun, it means nothing"

Robert:

I was really enjoying to be next to her. We talked about everything we could. She told me that she had a little brother and her mom and dad lived together. She lived door-to-door with her other friend Hannah. She talked soflty, running her fingers through her dark brown, long and curly hair which matched her skin tone perfectly. I didn't knew if I was only attracted to her physically, but I could easilly tell that I was attracted in some way. She talked about her dream of becoming an actress and how she had done a music video once for an not very known band.

We talked for hours in a role when I finally saw Austin, Alex, Lauren and Sarah getting home. They came to the balcony to ask us if we were hungry because they had bought pizza on their way back to the house we were staying. I started to realize that, if Austin was going to be the one shopping food, we would eat pizza for the entire trip. I checked my phone while the girls said they would put the plates and everything else in the table so we could eat. I was sitting in the couch and I had got a text from my mom asking how were we and how was the trip. I texted her back and when I looked to my right, I saw Alex staring at me in a weird way and after that, I looked to me left and Austin was also staring at me.

"What's going on? Why are you are you all looking at me like... like this?"

They both changed looks and then Austin said that I wanted her. I looked in confusion to both of them, not really sure if I was understanding. "Man, you obviously have something for her... When are you getting it?" Alex completed, trying to make me understand.

"I don't know guys, I might be liking her but it doesn't work that way... She's cute and we had a good talk, for now, that's all" I said explaining myself. They refused to agree with me, but I still wasn't going into an argument about this. I heard Lauren's voice calling all of us. I told Alex to look for Mike and Jake. I sat next to Lisa because Austin basically pushed me to that chair. The couples sat by each others side and the rest were just sitting somewhere random.

Lauren:

Austin sat by my left and by my right was Mike. I still hadn't got the chance to talk to him and know him, but Alex said that he sounded really funny, like sarcastic. Austin was all excited about eating pizza, which I still think it's a unhealthy obsession. He touched my thigh and let his hand stand there. I looked at him deep in the eyes and smiled, looking down because of being a little shy.

I had never really thought seriously about having some closer physical relation with him... Maybe I was just scared about it all, maybe scared of how it would happen and with who it would happen. I knew Austin was so special to me, but thinking about it was way too soon. Plus, I still had that feeling that he was like every other guy and he would leave me at some point. Maybe it was just a teenage crush, maybe it wasn't. I could've stayed all my life thinking about possibilities, but that would lead me nowhere from where I was.

---Note from the author---

Hey everyone, it's Livia(: I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate all of you guys for reading and maybe even sharing my fanfiction with other people. I also wanted to appologize for taking about three weeks to post but I've been having some serious health issues and writing can't be my priority. It's personal but I hope that I can post more often, but the way things are going, it's getting really hard to do it... I'm so sorry but I love all of you that waited. It means so much.

Please, don't send me questions about what it's happening to my health in the comments bellow because I just don't wanna share it or talk about it. Thank you<3