Chapter Seven

Vanessa:

As soon, as he got inside, we started to make out. He was the kind of guy that was strong and did whatever he want. It was like he was in control, and Austin wasn't all like that. He acted like he was like that but deep inside he was just to scared and afraid. Mathew and I went from a normal makeout to the couch. He started to take off his clothes and I did the same. Our sweat bodies touched each others and we went to the bed, and you know what happened. After that, it was like always. He just left. We never talked, only at our first date. I wasn't asking for a caring and romantic boyfriend, but sometimes I felt like a toy by doing it. He left and I stayed home alone.

Lauren:

By the night, like usual, my dad was still at work, so my mom told us to eat dinner without him. I did, and it was a little upseting. This became our rotine everyday, and I missed him. I know I was blessed to at least have a dad, but it just hurted when he was never around, and when he was, it was like he was tired and just wanted to sleep. I went to bed earlier cause I was just a little sad, specially about the Austin situation, even knowing we didn't fought at all. It was finally friday at the next day, so I woke up in a great mood. It was one of the hottest days in Miami ever, so I got some green shorts and a white tank top, along with my vans. I went to Vanessa's house like always, but the car ride was so weird. Usually she would talk about everything, and most of the times, about herself, but this time she sitted by my side and just smiled at me everytime we changed looks. I got a little scared cause she wasn't the kind of person that did it usually, and she couldn't had changed in matter of a day. We kept smiling at each other the entire ride, which made me a little unconfortable. We got in school and the first thing I noticed was that, while everyone was staring at every single detail in Vanessa, Austin was staring at me, but it wasn't his normal kind of look. It was like a flirty look, but hiding it a little. I walked next to him and went to my locker, which were only about two between mine and his. He locked his and came in my direction. "Hey, so I talked to Alex yesterday. It was just a misunderstooding. You don't have to worry cause-" he said when I cutted his words with a suprised voice. "What do you mean as a misunderstooding? He lied to me, and that's it. I'm not forgiving anyone till I know the truth". Austin looked at me listening and reflecting about every single word I said. He looked down and then looked me in the eyes again. "Meet me at my place, and I'll explain to you ok?" he asked with a soft voice. "No, we need to go somewhere public. Last time we met at your place nothing worked out. Meet me on the beach today at 9pm, and please don't tell anyone" I said while locking my locker again and walking away. By the way, he just stood there watching me. After classes I decided to go home walking, but when I was almost leaving school Alex came to me. "What are you going? Don't you want a ride?" he asked while I tried to walk away. "I don't want anything with you, I don't know what's going on. Just give me some time, please" I said while he looked at me upset. I just needed some time to get the answer, I couldn't let Alex ask me everything or just make everything even more confused.

I went home and after a while my sister got home from school. She called me to go on a tea party with her and her stuffed animals. She handed me a pink tutu and a tiara, while she wore the same thing. We had "tea", also known as water, and talked about things that the queen Amy needed. She talked about how much she wanted a cinderella dress, but our mom didn't bought it cause it was too expensive. I could easilly notice how much she wanted it, while her eyes shinned just by saying how it looked like. We had a couple more "tea" and I went to my room, thinking about what I was going to tell my mom about going to the beach at 9pm on a friday night. She got home and I went to her trying to say nice things so she would let me go. "Mom, can I go to the beach today? I talked to Vanessa and we're going at 9pm... Please?" She looked at me and I think she realized I wasn't just going with Vanessa to the beach. The way she looked at me explained it all, but even like that, she agreed but told me to be home till midnight. I thanked her a lot and went back to my room. It was around 8pm when I took a shower and got a pair of ripped light blue jeans and my light pink shirt with a cross in it. I got only my phone and about 10 dollars on my pocket and went to the beach. My dad was still not home, so it kinda helped in some way. I got there and I texted Austin that I was in front of the lifeguard place, and he told me to wait there cause he was on his way.

Austin:

I was really nervous about seeing Lauren. I still had no idea of how I was going to tell her the truth without making her go away. I was walking throught the darkness when I saw the shape of girl just standing there, looking at her phone with that only light over her. I got closer and she turned to me. "Hey Austin..." she said a little shy. "Hey, I'm glad you came. Your family didn't got mad?" I asked also shy. "No, I told them I was going to meet Vanessa here", she said but at the time looking down. I told her she needed to know the truth and said "Well, Alex lied to you. I talked to him and he told me why. He said that he just wanted to know if something was happening between us, so he asked you that so that way he would know about something happening. I know he was wrong, but do you understand it?". I know I lied. I couldn't help myself, cause just the thought of her pushing me away and telling me what I didn't wanted to hear were the worse part. "Oh, that's the truth? Why didn't you told me that at school then...?" she asked with her eyebrowns raised and a confusing look. I took a deep breath, and I realized I couldn't lie to her. I needed to say the truth. "Actually, I lied to you. Alex wanted to know if you liked me so that's why he made up that excuse about Vanessa". She looked at me with tears on her eyes and after a while she asked "I just, I don't know what's going on in my head right now Austin. Why he would want to know that about me?". I took another long breath and said "Cause he wanted to know if you liked me, because in that night, I told him I liked you. I still do". As soon as those words were said, it felt like a huge weight was out of my chest, and even liking the way it came out, I was scared about her reaction. She looked me right away, with even more tears in her beautiful eyes, and she said "I just need some time to think Austin, I'm sorry. I'm just, sorry". She stood up and walked away, while I stand at the same place, thinking about how idiot I was. I ruined a great friendship just with some words. I've never felt this way about someone before. "I just need some time to think". I couldn't stop thinking about it. She was different, and even not being her intenton, she hurted me. Maybe she just needed some time, but deep inside I knew her answer was the one I didn't wanted to hear. I sat on the sand only with my thoughts. I didn't knew what to do. I didn't knew who I could talk to. I didn't knew where to go to get my mind free. I didn't knew what to think about.

LEAVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK ON TWITTER @lickingmahone OR AT THE COMMENTS BELOW