Chapter 13: Massacre

• Dedicated to Nelson Mandela

_The clock struck 10pm and the wolves stood, morphed outside the mansion. Pearl remained human, a strong lookout.

"Where are they?" Stanley growled, pawing the ground.

Around them was a glimmer of glistening lights. If one looked closer, inside they would see the Elche, each giving off a ray of sunlight. Armed with arrows that one prick would kill anything. Even a vampire.

The Cat Shifters were on the roof, all still human, waiting for the signal.

But nothing happened.

A scream came. Then another. And another.

"Inside the house!" A mother wolf screamed, pawing at the door.

No. Stanley thought. No! No! No!

The pack clawed down the doors of the mansion. Pearl screamed.

All of the children of the pack lay in a pool of blood.

"No." Stanley said.

Pearl could not understand the wolves as they spoke to one another but she knew what they would say.

A wolf, she knew as a mother came forth and sat at the body of her sun, lifted her head and howled.

Some did the same, others ran out in a storming rage for revenge. Some broke down on the spot. Pearl could feel the different emotions erupting from the members of the pack.

Pearl felt tears flowing down her cheeks. A hand warmed her shoulder, Tikiya.

"How could this happen?" Pearl sobbed.

Tikiya leant forward and whispered in her ear, "This be a distraction child, warn them." And she was gone.

"No.' Pearl gasped, as she turned, five hungry vampires were looking down on her.

The jumped.

Yinni was an Elche. She looked around and started firing her arrows with the gracefulness of any creature, her arm swift and strong, doing it for the honour of her kind and the wolves.

___________________

Sorry the chapters so short but I'm sooo busy with homework and stuff like that!

Comments and Votes are appreciated!

Love,

xjennyx