Chapter Nine: Vampire Attack

Dolphine sat on her rock, surrounded by glistening seaweed.

She and Pearl would sit there sometimes, waiting for the tide to come in.

The tide had come in, and she was underwater. Fish swam by, jellyfish danced through the sea.

She missed Pearl, Pearl had been her sister since her mother had died.

Then there were rumours of werewolves in the deep forests. Where Pearl was last seen.

Her tears were unseen in the water, they drifted past, melting into her ocean home. The water here wasn't red. But it soon would be. She knew one person with the skills to help her home.

And that person may as well be dead.

Almost all her friends were gone from the orphanage, she knew that a few had left for the South American waters. But she would stay.

She was born here. She would die here.

She had come across a line in a book once. She had smiled when she read it and had repeated it in her own form.

"Heaven may take my soul but these waters will keep my bones." 

The red water sea flu would claim her soon, and she would die. Die here.

There was only one mermaid healer that she knew of, Pearl was that healer, only she could help them. But Pearl wasn't coming back. Dolphine knew that much.

Her tail matched Pearls, it had the same pearly hint to it.

Samantha had left for the South, she knew that Pearl would've wanted her to stay,but Samantha was convinced that Pearl was dead.

Dolphine didn't know how that would make a difference.

She sighed and looked up. Then screamed.

Two cold hands gripped her shoulders and threw her out of the water.

"No!" She screamed as her tail hit the ground, she banged her head against a rock, a steady flow of blood dripped from her hair.

"Where are the wolves?" The creature asked.

"Go away, you have no bussiness here." Dolphine sobbed, the blood began to flow harder, her tail wouldn't form into legs.

She was dying.

The creature came up to her and whispered. "I did not touch you."

"You did not touch me." Dolphine said.

''A wolf came and attacked you."

"A wolf came and attacked me." She said.

"Then I saved you." And he bit into her neck, the venom spreading.

_____________________________________________________

P.S Thankyou IrishBear for the amazing cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xjennyx