Intoxicated Life

"She hasn't changed a bit!", "Bitch is back!" Whispers sounded all around as me as I walked down the hallways of hell. Most people call it high school, I prefer hell. My hatred for this place radiated off of me. I'm not the most friendly person in the world. I don't like people and I mostly keep to myself with one exception. My best friend Scarlett Winters. She was the only person that understood everything about me. She was a lot prettier than me and she had gorgeous blue eyes. They sparkled when she was really happy, which was really rare. Her fake smile always covered her face and it hurt to see her that way. I hope I see her today.

I walked around the corner and into my home room, Mrs. Green. I looked around the classroom and saw the usual placement of people. All the popular, pretty girls crowding around the popular hot guys toward the back of the classroom. Smart kids directly in front of the room, darker kids toward the middle, and weirdos spread all throughout the classroom. All that was left was one seat in the back corner of the room, which was always mine every single year. It sat there, perfectly preserved. As I walked to my seat, a few of the girls snickered and began whispering. 'Perfect' I thought 'Drama. Just what I need on the first day.'