Chapter 18; Settled

Zacznij od początku

Something caught my eye as the wolf started to slowly circle me like... The wolf in the woods.

The knife Jackson used to slit the old lady's throat was laying in the dirt.

This thing has felt too much blood lately.

I made slow movements towards the knife trying to not make it obvious that I was grabbing the weapon.

In the corner of my eye I saw the wolf seep to the ground with its limbs turning back human.

Whoever this wolf is, it wants me to know who it is..... It doesn't want a fight.

I quickly dashed out to be rewarded with the cold touch of the handle.

The guy raised his head up and instantly the knife in my clutched hand dropped to the ground with a thud. I could just hear Jackson's words, 'he's someone you used to know'.

"Chester...." My voice shook as my knees gave out to the ground.

"You're here?"

He smiled at me with his usual big fat grin.

"It's been too long." He said starting to stand up.

"Wait!" I yelled suddenly. "Just stay there.. I'll find something."

I gazed around for clothes, all the houses are on fire.... My eyes flickered down to the old lady.

Chills ran through my body but, I ambled over to her.

"Phoenix you don't..."

"Yes I do." I said sternly.

I went to peel her shirt off which was soaked with blood. Her sweater came off easily with blood smeared around the collar.

"Tie this around your waist." I told Chester as I threw him the sweater.

He huffed and wrapped the bloody sweater around his waist.

Once he stood up I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him tight.

"I've missed you." I said into his chest.

"Phoenix it's been too long." He smiled gripping me tight.

"How...... Are you a werewolf?" I questioned.

"I was always one however never would I tell you what I regret most." He said grabbing a chuck of my hair and twiddling it between his fingers.

"Was it Jackson?" I wondered, looking up into his emerald green eyes.

"No only if it was...."

"Chester it had to be Jackson who else would turn you, his scent is all over you."

He shook his head. "That's because I'm in his pack however who turned me is of higher rank. Someone who wanted me to...."

Chester let go of my hair started to pace.

Growling came from behind us, the war between the brothers hasn't stopped and neither of them are getting weaker....

"This person wanted you to do what?" I asked him.

"To protect you."

My eyes widened.

Why would anyone want me protected? I'm just a human girl who got caught up within a pack.

"Why?" I questioned him.

"He knew you'd be a good Luna, protective, loving and acceptive."

I shook my head. "Well I'm not, look around us."